Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to add a few words about this site as good will to all men approaches. I would say and surely most would agree this site as been invaluable for help support and guidance in all things MINI. I particularly enjoy the 'things i have discovered' thread and still we find things that we didnt know. But the forums real asset is surely all its contributors who all make for some great discussions. Special thanks for one in particular Jeremy Bingham who i call JB he makes everyone welcome and offers loads of input. But thanks to everyone really for making my MINI experience more enjoyable. Cheers guys and have a great MINI XMAS.

·
Super Moderator
7,885 Posts
Ah you two thank you.That's so nice. This forum is keeping me going as I recover from a broken arm so I am so grateful to you all for your interesting posts.and to this forum. It really does brighten my day as I sit here(cant move well as they can't plaster it!)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Well, while we're patting ourselves on the back, I'll throw in what I like so much about this site:

- its international diversity. We're mostly Brits, Canadians or Americans here, but I love when someone chimes in from Portugal, Spain, South Africa, Australia, Korea, etc. We've got all continents covered except Antarctica! It really broadens our Mini world and demonstrates how Mini drivers worldwide are driving with smiles on their faces!

- its camaraderie and peaceful tone. I've been here several months and can't recall any flaming. That's saying something.

- the curiosity and enthusiasm of its members. Even before we've taken delivery of our f56s, we know there's a lot to learn and only a fraction of it will come from our dealers. It's a bit of a journey of discovery.

Lastly, it occurs to me that jb's unfortunate canine incident has actually been a boon to us. He got lots of time to hang out here and offer sage advice and witty insights. See jb, there's a silver lining!

Now all hold cyber hands and sing Cumbaya. In harmony.

·
Super Moderator
7,885 Posts
Totally agree veg biker, love the diversity.the more the better.
Yes I've suddenly got the time to be on here ,also done all my Chritmas shopping online and been in for the postman. Struggling for anything else good though. ��

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
it occurs to me that jb's unfortunate canine incident has actually been a boon to us. He got lots of time to hang out here and offer sage advice and witty insights. See jb, there's a silver lining!
I think we should make Jeremy's dog the official mascot of this forum. Were it not for said pooch's martial-arts skill, Jeremy would be driving and not typing and we'd all be the poorer for it.

How about a picture of the mutt, Jeremy?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Isn't he a Bull dog? He looks at least part Pit. What's his name? Maybe he was jealous of your new Mini and this was his way of getting attention!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
What worries me is - who is going to keep the forum going once you have recovered? :D
I'm sure we can find somebody to go over there with doggie biscuits and arrange a little... accident with our 4-legged cohort. Nothing too serious, just keep Jeremy typing for a bit longer while we all adjust.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Could that cute, innocent looking pup really have caused all the trouble for you Jeremy? Although they all look sweet when they are sleeping!

I was just saying to my husband yesterday how much I appreciate the tone of this forum. I have followed several hockey forums (I am Canadian after all!) for years before finding this forum. That is a completely different animal! Thank you to all for your wisdom, insight and humour. My particular thanks go Vegbiker for always coming through with a positive post when I was giving up hope during our long EPA delay!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Wheee! that EPA debacle is a faint memory (Nazi bastards!). My only regret about the long delay is not being able to open my sunroof til spring!

The last time I was actively engaged in a forum was 15 years ago on a BMW motorcycle forum. It was going great until guns and politics reared their ugly heads. Then I realized uh oh I really didn't have that much in common with my forum-mates (well, at least not the aggressive, trigger-happy ones) so I quietly withdrew. Talk about a shift in tone - I think the moderator and creator was appalled to see his baby smoldering in flame wars totally unrelated to motorcycles!

This is such a refreshing contrast for me. We Are The World...

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
It was going great until guns and politics reared their ugly heads.
Let's start talking about religion!>:D

No,this really is a civilized little corner of the Interwebs. With the possible exception of my own little transgression (and random-internet-yahoo bigotry) in the break-in thread, I have seen nothing but joyful appreciation of our cars. Even when they pop out of first gear, randomly stop on the motorway, or baffle us with the former-center-speedo entertainment center, we still seem to be a bunch of people with one thing in common that actually shows us all the other things we have in common.

Very cool. Thanks to all of you.

Now enough with the sappiness. Get back to work.

·
Super Moderator
7,885 Posts
I agree thanks all fabulous forum and lovely people. Even the little arguments or discussions seem tactfully done. Once recovered ,another 3 weeks at least ill endeavour to keep up with the forum as am addicted to the car and you lot. It might not be two or three times a day though, more like once or ill get th e sack or drive my wife nuts.

Yes he's really good (Merlin the dog) mostly but when he sees a cat. I had fallen off the motorbike 4 weeks before and had an ache so perhaps I already had a tiny fracture, who knows but 23 kg staffy at full pelt on a stretchy lead= quite some force when at the end, why didn't I let go? Mmmm

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Jeremy, I have a Staffie called Oscar, sounds very similar to yours, would never intentionally harm anything, I once fell over on the ice outside the house, sprained my wrist, Oz thought it such good fun that he would not let me get up for ages, the more I screamed in agony the more fun it was, wife had to come out an rescue me!! doesn't half look cute when he is asleep though.
Get well soon.

·
Super Moderator
7,885 Posts
Thanks krc ours is the same sat on floor with arm flopping around and he came and jumped on me to see what was wrong and for a concerned hug! Nearly passed out!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I agree, very useful site, dont think there is anywhere on the internet where i could have learned so much about the F56 while i was waiting for it, and sure ill have asked plenty of daft question but everyone is very helpful and patient with replies. Thanks for all the help :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts