Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oops!...meant to say "Installed Cost" in the Title.....

I was shocked to just find out what my rally lights will cost "installed" here in the USA on my JCW....get ready...$1,589.00 (USD).

For that amount of money they better be absolutely the best lights "ever"!!!

I'm sure I'll be happy with them, but honestly, if I had known the cost when ordering I might have passed!

I still really wanted a CD player! LOL! :)

Cheers,

John

·
Registered
457 Posts
Well John there is a rip off going on somewhere!

Converting your quote of $1589 is £1011!!!
Mine were installed at the dealers for £590 = $927 and that wasn't pre wired. The only difference could possibly be if yours gets a separate switch-ours have to be wired directly to main beam. That doesn't justify a MASSIVE price difference

The only consolation is that they are great but not gold plated.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Mine came with the halogen rally lights, but LED headlights. The rallys look yellow in contrast, something I wouldnt have expected from halogens.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Mine came with the halogen rally lights, but LED headlights. The rallys look yellow in contrast, something I wouldnt have expected from halogens.
Were they already fitted? Wouldn't think they would be chosen to go with LED lights unless for price!

You could always change the bulbs for those that give a brighter white light. Standard halogens always look yellowish next to xenons or LEDs.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Were they already fitted? Wouldn't think they would be chosen to go with LED lights unless for price!

You could always change the bulbs for those that give a brighter white light. Standard halogens always look yellowish next to xenons or LEDs.

They were, I bought my car off the lot instead of ordering, so it has a dealers choice of options.

Good to know, I will have to see what bulbs I can fit in there, thanks!

·
Registered
235 Posts
I had halogen spot lamps on my previous car (A countryman sd all4), I changed the bulbs for Osram Nightbreakers, they were brighter and much whiter.

Reactions: starlily

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So, your rally lights were factory installed? Where is the switch located?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts