Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon All,

All going well with my car - aside from a rattle in the speedometer which has worsened in recent weeks. Starts when on cruise control at anything over 60mph, on any road surface that isn't like a millpond.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks in advance, as always,

Jon

·
Registered
173 Posts
Mine's quiet as a mouse. However, the loaner I got from the dealership has a horrible rattle in the plastic panel on the rear hatch. I'm going to point it out to them so that they can fix it before loaning it out again.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I think taking it into the dealership is the next step for me. Although from my time on the forum I've seen mixed accounts of how helpful they can be. So fingers crossed

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2014 cooper s and my center consoles rattles alot...sounds like there is a piece of plastic broken inside. Aswell i have 2 burnt out leds..hopefully when the dealer fixes the led the will correct the rattle i mentioned to them

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have a 2014 cooper s and my center consoles rattles alot...sounds like there is a piece of plastic broken inside. Aswell i have 2 burnt out leds..hopefully when the dealer fixes the led the will correct the rattle i mentioned to them
which leds? since you have an early car, might be something to look out for

·
Registered
90 Posts
Its the led lights that surrounf the center cluster..
That's a whole different rattle all together. If I push the speedo back or pull it forward all I have to deal with then is the door rattle, center instrument rattle, panoramic roof cover rattle, and passenger seat rattle. It's like a chorus of rattles.

If I didn't know better I would swear this car was wrecked at some point. Thought my 2015 mustang was bad for cabin rattle, love my MINI's but they take the cake.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts