Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I’m Adam and new to this forum. I would really value your advice please.

I have recently placed an order for a 2022 Mini Cooper S Exclusive. I have ticked the Intelligent Adaptive Suspension option.

I understand that the previous version of the car had Adjustable Dampers with the option to select the “ride / suspension” to comfort, normal or sport.

I understand that these options are no longer available in the latest car. Furthermore I hear that “Mini” has instead set the “ride” firmness in the latest car to a level, which is half way between comfort and sport, of the previous car.

I also understand that the Intelligent Adaptive Suspension option improves the cars ride , as it soaks up bumps.

Does that all seem correct ?

Does the Intelligent Adaptive Suspension only come into play when selecting “Mid” and “Sport” on the latest car ?

Does the Intelligent Adaptive Suspension produce a smoother and more comfortable ride than the previous car ?

Is the new ride noticeably firmer ?

Those who have Intelligent Adaptive Suspension - What are your experiences with it ?

Thanks for reading this. Adam

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
I have a '22 JCW Hardtop with the current DDC. It absolutely works. This is my fifth MINI, and it is by far the best ride and handling of the 5 MINIs that I have owned. On my previous MINIs I could only stand the runflats for awhile. But the runflats on this new suspension are perfectly fine and I going to keep them until they're worn out.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dpcompt. One more question please - Although the intelligent adaptive dampers soften bumps is the suspension set up slightly firmer than a vehicle without the intelligent adaptive dampers ?

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
My previous MINI was a '19 International Orange JCW hardtop. It was equipped with the standard JCW (not DDC) suspension. My '22 JCW seems to have a similar ride except it much softer in it's response to small sharp bumps and potholes. Even though there's little lean when cornering, the suspension seems to handle road imperfections when cornering on less than perfect road conditions with very little bouncing( very common in CA with our horrible, lack of road maintenance.). If I were cornering on fresh asphalt, I think the handling between the '19 and the '22 would be very similar. Others may have a different impression.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
For the 3-door, it's standard on the JCW, but an upgrade on the "S". I wouldn't order a new one without it. The suspension is actually stiffer than my '19 JCW but softer over sharp road imperfections and the ride is quieter over less than perfect road surfaces. A win win for me. Of course others may have different opinions.

·
Premium Member
F56 JCW and Classic
1,059 Posts
It’s been ages since I drove any other minis other than my lci2 jcw with the adaptive suspension so I can’tcomment on how soft or firm it is in comparison but I do know it rides really well and is the perfect balance between firm and comfortable.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have a 2022 Mini Cooper S Exclusive with adaptive suspension and 17” wheels. The ride is as smooth as my previous Cooper on 15” wheels. I now see it as an ‘essential’ extra along with heated seats, climate control, a sunroof and a heated steering wheel. I do like my cars to be as comfortable as possible.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm running a 2016 Cooper S with adaptive dampers and I must say it is the softest ride I've had in any Mini yet, even on 18" run flats!
All I would say is in normal mode it rolls a bit more than I'm used to.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts