Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got this from Drivethedeal - seems they are struggling to fulfill orders, just as my dealer advised they would. probably also a refection of the delays some people are facing

We are emailing as we are now struggling to place customer orders with BMW / MINI dealers at the discounts that they were readily prepared to quote for orders made by customers introduced by us a few days ago.
It appears that as market sentiment for new cars improves the supply of cars is drying up and dealers are reluctant to give as much discount to customers on future orders.
We may find we are unable to find dealers that are willing to quote you substantial discounts at all before long.
The purpose of this email is to let you know that if we have already provided you with a quote online you will need to place your order within 24 hours to ensure you can get the deal that the dealer was previously willing to offer customers.
After this time, we will need to re-ask the dealers what discount they can offer to you and we may well not be able to obtain quotes offering you nearly as much discount

·
Registered
471 Posts
To be honest this doesn't at all surprise me. I ordered mine through orange deals 5 weeks ago and when I looked last week they have taken any Mini deals down now.

I wonder if Mini have been told to pull the plug on new orders.

·
Registered
47 Posts
MiloMini! A fellow OrangeWheels user!! They were brilliant with ordering the car and passed me onto an amazing dealership!!! :)

·
Registered
471 Posts
Awesome. Can't wait to see the pics! You've got a nice trip up there too! Just checked and both orange wheels and drive the deal have taken mini off the specials so no chance to get them now - we were lucky!

·
Registered
81 Posts
just got this from Drivethedeal - seems they are struggling to fulfill orders, just as my dealer advised they would. probably also a refection of the delays some people are facing
They are sending similar emails relating to other manufacturers as well, suspect that they are just getting ready to put there prices up for Sept rush and trying to generate a few earlier deals as a result.

Although with how much the debacle of not supplying cars has cost Mini, I suspect they will be wanting to maximise profit per unit for those they can supply in future!

Ian

1 - 9 of 9 Posts