Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Looking for pictures with crome interior and with out.
What have you guys ordered on you new minis?

·
Registered
734 Posts
I didn't order the chrome line interior... I guess it didn't appeal and for me it doesn't add anything.

The detailed options list says you get chrome surrounds for air outlets, gear lever, hand brake lever cover, door speakers, central instrument and door handles (half ring).

OK, I just played with the designer on the mini website and paid attention to those details... the added chrome is really quite subtle... it's a ring around the base of the gear lever and the very end of the handbrake where the button is. I might have been tempted by a nice metal gear lever knob... but this isn't it.

I did order the chrome line exterior though... this replaces the aluminium look front grill and tailgate handle with chrome versions (and a couple of other surrounds).

If it was me I'd look at which other options are around the same price and then weigh the choices...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahh just my ide, have all black inside so have chrome there. But did not pick chrome line exterior because I will remove most off it outside.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I always choose the Chrome Line interior. It looks great. This time around I'm opting out of the Chrome Line exterior ...

·
Registered
72 Posts
As I've opted for Moonwalk Grey I thought I'd bling it up a tad by incorporating the exterior chrome line.As I've only seen just one example of the new Cooper, on the road, & that was in VO with black roof & wheels I'm simply keeping everything crossed that my choice will
be the right move.The MG pics that have been posted on the forum seem to favour black roof & wheels too, but I've concluded that young bucks are the owners.As my better half hates my R50 in Hyper Blue I've had to settle for a more staid look.Nevertheless mine's due here on June 11th & I can't wait.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I've gone with Chrome INTERIOR, to add a bit of bling to all that black. Not gone for exterior though as I think it's too OTT. Volcanic and black wheels/roof etc IMO will look better with as little chrome as possible .....and it's one less thing to polish! I worry it tarnishes.......

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have gone for the chrome interior trim as helps not only lift the car but helps sell it down the line I know when I brought our countryman went for chrome above one without it. Not gone chrome outside choose VO and liked the black trim to match the wheels roof and bonnet strips

·
Registered
340 Posts
I've gone for midnight black, with black wheels, anthracite headlining, piano black interior trim & chrome line inside & out.

Love the look as I have it on my current R56

Reactions: Black&White_D

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I've gone for no chrome inside but chrome outside - I believe the chrome outside on the coop is just for the front under grill surround

I don't mind the black inside the red stitching in the wheel and the interior lighting coupled with led rings is enough to offset the cabin!

·
Registered
471 Posts
I've gone for no chrome inside but chrome outside - I believe the chrome outside on the coop is just for the front under grill surround

I don't mind the black inside the red stitching in the wheel and the interior lighting coupled with led rings is enough to offset the cabin!
Morning GKVO! I thought there was more chrome on the exterior than just the grill. I've ordered the coop too and thought it was on the back of the car and perhaps side too? I'm confused!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Interior Chrome

I have gone for Exterior Chrome but not the Interior Chrome pack.
Exterior Chrome pack includes front grill slats, Lower Front Grill Surround, Rear number plate hatch/number plate light and chrome around the rear fog light, have seen Coopers with an without and imho prefer the look of it with the exterior chrome.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Yep, my dealer showed me this when I was deciding. Most noticeable is the front radiator grill and rear tailgate handle (which is quite large). If you don't have chrome you get a brushed aluminium grey look... it stands out on the radiator because the surround for that is chrome anyway. On the other hand, without chrome you get a black rear fog light surround which looks quite good.

At least it's a free decision!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.