Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you open the car using the remote do the interior lights come on. I'm sure that they did on my wife's car. But now, the interior lights only come on when you open the door. Am I going mad or should they come on.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
When you open the car using the remote do the interior lights come on. I'm sure that they did on my wife's car. But now, the interior lights only come on when you open the door. Am I going mad or should they come on.
I believe mine only come on when you open the door.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Check the manual. The overhead switch can turn them off permanently if you hold it for 3 seconds. If they're not coming on flick the switch and then get out and lock the car, they'll come back on when you unlock it.

Reactions: OneS

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I still can't get to the bottom of it. The handbook says they come on when unlocking with the remote. I turned them off and then back on using the 3 second bit, sitill not coming on when unlocking. What drew my attention to it was, yesterday when locking the car the interior lights and the door handle lights came on and stayed on even when the doors were locked.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Anyone know what happens with Comfort Access? Mine only come on when I press the button on the door handle whereas my old 2012 Yaris ( yes I know, but I've had psychiatric help since then ) used to put the interior lights on when I got within 10 feet of the car without touching anything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.