Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We did a DIY Seal and Protect this morning, using a genuine Mini kit off eBay.

Looks the biz :)

Not only have I not seen another spec'd like mine on the outside. The inside is apparently a bit different as well. Interested in members views?

I like a bit of contrast!

Managed 45 mpg on a mixed road drive of about 30 miles a bit earlier on.

Loaded about 12 gb of music this evening. The standard music system is good but I am sure the HK option is worth every penny!

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks great Pintie! Good choice of options.

Can I ask what manuals ,service booklets etc you got with the car?

Seems to be some people are just getting a basic manual, no warranty or service paperwork and being told that is all they are going to get.

Seems strange.
I got a manual and a warranty booklet but nothing else. Although there is a full manual available through the central display. It is a little clunky though! I agree that it feels like needless cost cutting. Apparently the service history will all be electronic!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is that a heads up display I see on the dash? If so, what do you think. I decided against that one. I just finished my first tank of gas (petrol for those on the other side of the pond), and averaged about 34 mpg -- and I ran in GREEN mode most of the time. Using sport mode mostly on this tank, and driving more sportily :)
I love the HUD. It looks cool and is a great safety feature. Eg. You don't have to take your eyes off the road to look at the map. You can see the next junction and a countdown marker on the HUD. All very cool!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ahhh, the media pack xl! OK, besides the speakers and better sound, does anyone know if the HK adds a bigger hard drive as well?
HK doesn't add a bigger drive but I stuck 3000 songs on yesterday and there is still 40% left. So, it should be good for most collections. Plus, you can have playlists etc. the quality of sound from the standard system is good (that is what I have got) but, if you have the money, go for HK. You pay for what you get!

I have to say that the hard drive was a surprise. There was no mention of it in the pre launch sakes booklet that I ordered from. But, not a complete surprise, as the XL system is very similar to the BMW Professional Nav (including 3D buildings in the city!) which comes with a hard drive as well.

Don't get too excited about the videos. You can't play them when the car is moving!! Although somebody will work out how to bypass it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.