Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past 3 months, I have been seeing a warning light that says Cruise control malfunction. This happens on start up. usually when in reverse or travelling at 5mph. Brought into dealer, they can't find anything. What could be causing this? I don't think that it is being caused by the Dinantronics Sport tuner.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated..

·
Registered
486 Posts
Cruise control has various sensors, these include a switch under the clutch pedal and on the gear selector (on manual cars). If either of these or connections to them are faulty you may have a problem. If the car is flagging an error you would expect a diagnostic computer to be able to tell you why.

Can you recreate the error when the dealer has the car hooked up to their diagnostic kit?

·
Registered
73 Posts
For the past 3 months, I have been seeing a warning light that says Cruise control malfunction. This happens on start up. usually when in reverse or travelling at 5mph. Brought into dealer, they can't find anything. What could be causing this? I don't think that it is being caused by the Dinantronics Sport tuner.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated..
Looking at various threads these could be caused by the Horn Contact or Slip Ring (sits under the steering wheel). The brass contacts go dry and get worn.
There are some useful threads on how to remove the steering wheel and replace.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts