Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's here! I haven't got that many photos yet, too busy driving about and trying to figure out the gadgets!!!

First thing I noticed when I arrived was that it had 17" silver tentacle (?) wheels when I ordered 17" BLACK cosmos wheels, no biggie I thought as it's easily put right. The salesmanager told me a new demonstator is due to arrive next weeks with 'my' wheels so before it goes out, I can go in and have those fitted (after I politely refused an offer of having the original wheels repainted, obviously). This 'inconvenience' earned me a holdall and another cuddly toy on top of two fancy keyrings.
So out we go to get a wee lesson in everything the multimedia whatsit does when I notice that the seats are the 'diamond' pattern not the 'pearl' ones I chose on the order, WTF..... now I'm quite a passive person and seats are seats but they weren't the no-cost option ones I had originally ordered. So off I goes back to the salesmanager to "check the order incase I was mistaken" ...the salesmanager was horrified to see it was the pearl ones on the order. These errors were made at factory and he was most apologetic that he/they hadn't noticed.
This leads me to getting my TLC refunded and a full tank of full .... for being so understanding. Like I say seats are seat and I won't see them when my arse is on them.
I must be a dream customer!
Anyhow, there aren't many photos yet, might take some tomorrow when I give it a clean - mudflaps are high on my priority list after today's showers!!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know why the links don't work, but I've put them in 'My Garage' :)

Reactions: GoKart7

·
Registered
734 Posts
Well congratulations Donna I'm glad you've got your car, but sorry it's not exactly what you ordered.

I don't know what I'd do in that situation... the seats is one thing I thought about hard and even changed the order once, so I know I want what I chose. What would have happened had you not accepted it?

Different wheels I could live with ;)

Anyway, I bet you checked the headlights :)

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I did have a laugh with the sales manager saying thats the first thing I checked!
He can't explain where the error came in because its on the order....obviously a plant **** up....so what could the dealer do? Wheels are simple but I don't want seats ripped out and replaced (and they're heated) to possibly introduce rattles etc. Certainly didn't want to reject the car and wait another 12 weeks.
I'm a reasonable person, its not the dealers fault and they've done well to make amends.

I promise more comprehensive photos (weather allowing) tomorrow!

·
Registered
890 Posts
There seem to be a few errors in production creeping through, which should be impossible with bar-coded computer contolled just-in-time manufacturing, without all sorts of alarms going off.
My hatch handle trim was not chrome, which it should have been, and a new one had to come from Germany.

So, when you get your cars folks, check em carefully!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I LOVE it Palgt1 .....it surely is a ray of sunshine on a rainy day (its bl**dy raining argh!)

·
Registered
734 Posts
So, when you get your cars folks, check em carefully!
Don't search about problems with new cars on the internet - it will put you right off!

But I did find a handy "Collecting a new car" check list which had some things on it that I hadn't thought about.

Taking along a friend is probably a good idea too...

1 - 20 of 66 Posts