Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018, Mini, JCW, Auto
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Spain,

Finally decided to join after rummaging through all of your forum chats in the run up to buying the new toy which I picked up at the beginning of the year, a very nicely spec'd 2018 JCW auto.

This is my first Mini, always thought they were funky but was never really sold on the central speedo thing from earlier models. About 2 years ago I randomly got a Cooper S as a hire car for a long weekend and rallied it through the Scottish highlands, with an ear to ear grin on my face - there was no coming back after that (reminded me of cars I had when I was younger that moved around more).

It does confuse me a little though, (built 02/2018) the pre-LCI lights, non touch screen entertainment and (most importantly) she pops and bangs! :D
However, I have the 8 speed sport auto with flappy paddles and newer fuel gauge design from the LCI; I imagine, I just have one of the last pre-LCI's and they just started raiding the parts bins for newer bits when they ran out of the old, ha ha.

Anyway, look forward to being a part of the community.
J
Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Tire

·
Registered
384 Posts
Hello from Spain,

Finally decided to join after rummaging through all of your forum chats in the run up to buying the new toy which I picked up at the beginning of the year, a very nicely spec'd 2018 JCW auto.

This is my first Mini, always thought they were funky but was never really sold on the central speedo thing from earlier models. About 2 years ago I randomly got a Cooper S as a hire car for a long weekend and rallied it through the Scottish highlands, with an ear to ear grin on my face - there was no coming back after that (reminded me of cars I had when I was younger that moved around more).

It does confuse me a little though, (built 02/2018) the pre-LCI lights, non touch screen entertainment and (most importantly) she pops and bangs! :D
However, I have the 8 speed sport auto with flappy paddles and newer fuel gauge design from the LCI; I imagine, I just have one of the last pre-LCI's and they just started raiding the parts bins for newer bits when they ran out of the old, ha ha.

Anyway, look forward to being a part of the community.
J
View attachment 75373
Stunning, and welcome
We had a 2018 JCW manual…should have kept that one

·
Registered
190 Posts
Welcome it looks great. That red stripe on the door looks really good

I miss the central speedo in the R53 it was something that made it a bit different but I think they should move away from the circular section for the satnav just like rover did.

·
Registered
2018, Mini, JCW, Auto
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very very nice! I like the side stripes a lot!
Welcome it looks great. That red stripe on the door looks really good

I miss the central speedo in the R53 it was something that made it a bit different but I think they should move away from the circular section for the satnav just like rover did.
Yeah, the stripes are something I never would have optioned myself but one look and I was onboard, not a common colour here in Spain either.

I think the central speedo looks cool in the older models (as you say it is very different) just didn't like the feeling of having to look (what felt like miles away) from the road; personal preference I suppose. I got down to this or a polo GTI and the polo seemed to be a very nice car, just a little dull by comparison. I think that the newer interior is still different from most cars on the road with a little more life to it, it works for me. 😊

1 - 7 of 7 Posts