Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got the iPhone 11 pro after having the iPhone X. I updated the X about a month ago and noticed that my Mini started to not always recognize the phone when I tried to play music through the USB connection. It is still connected via Bluetooth so when someone calls me, I can still talk through that but the USB connection is where the problem is. I figured that the update with the phone is what caused the issue but nonetheless, I had to get a new phone and now it isn't connecting at all to the car. I tried to see if I could update the software in the car but when I checked BMW's compatibility check, it said the vehicle does not support updates. Is my only option to hope that a new Apple software fixes the issue?

·
Registered
440 Posts
I recently got the iPhone 11 pro after having the iPhone X. I updated the X about a month ago and noticed that my Mini started to not always recognize the phone when I tried to play music through the USB connection. It is still connected via Bluetooth so when someone calls me, I can still talk through that but the USB connection is where the problem is. I figured that the update with the phone is what caused the issue but nonetheless, I had to get a new phone and now it isn't connecting at all to the car. I tried to see if I could update the software in the car but when I checked BMW's compatibility check, it said the vehicle does not support updates. Is my only option to hope that a new Apple software fixes the issue?
Strange. You could try installing latest istep on the unit using esys but its not easy

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 2013 Mini Cooper and cannot get any music to play through blue tooth. Calls work but no music. I even bought that double pronged cable adapter but it does not do anything. So it seems we have the same problem. I’ll let you know if I come across any solutions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts