Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have browsed through threads on here (also NAM, Total Mini and others) but can't find the answer. Will be taking delivery of a Cooper at the end of April. It has Media XL. Will it display album artwork from an ipod classic (160gb)? Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yes it will. Big thank you for all the views. And yet no one bothered to answer. Feels good to be part of the "community" on here.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Perhaps nobody knew, and instead of posting useless info they did not reply.
But being sarcastic will get you no friends.

Reactions: JGPP and PeeJee

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think you can only get model specific phone cradles for the armrest and so they don't do one for the ipod classic. I just plug mine into the USB socket :)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Instead of using a separate device with a cord, you can also just load all your music on a tiny USB flash drive instead. Album art, metadata, and everything should still be there and no having to worry about another device floating around.

Reactions: Cruella DeGrille

·
Registered
216 Posts
The answer is both yes and no. The new Minis only support iPod Classic 4th gen. on. I know because I have a 3rd gen and researched this several months ago. Somewhere deep in the bowels of Mini literature, it states this, but I couldn't find it just now. You can play older ones with an AUX cable, you just won't get any screen info. I'm hoping Apple comes out with the new generation iPod this year - it's long overdue, and rumored that it will have many of the features of the iPhone 6.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts