Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have just tried to connect my Ipod to the Cooper F56 (using the "Y" cable I bought from BMW when I had an R56 in 2009) and it will only work with the AUX cable inserted........ hence, I cannot use the steering wheel controls with it. Has anyone else tried this yet? Or will it be another dealer scam to get another £40 out of me for a different lead?

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Hi, I have just tried to connect my Ipod to the Cooper F56 (using the "Y" cable I bought from BMW when I had an R56 in 2009) and it will only work with the AUX cable inserted........ hence, I cannot use the steering wheel controls with it. Has anyone else tried this yet? Or will it be another dealer scam to get another £40 out of me for a different lead?
No all you need is the original iPod lead. Don't need a y cable for the F56

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ipod Not Compatible

I have a 2nd generation Nano. Even though everything downloads fine with my 2015 Mini Cooper, I cannot use the steering wheel control or the controls on the console to go from song to song.

Is there a more current Ipod that DOES work with this model?

Thank you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I experienced it with my iphone 5 using the y cable i used In my Bmw f30 2013 and it did not work. Using just the Lightning it worked just fine. I havent tried with my ipod classic 160GB because i wasnt with the lightning cable for the iPod when i went to the dealer. ( my F56 havent arrived yet. Cant wait...)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts