Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a new 64GB iPod Touch for my birthday. It shows that it is connected through blue tooth. The songs are playing on iTunes on the iPod but it won't play in the car.

Says "please wait" when trying to view the current song playing.

The iTouch displays as a connected device, both on the iTouch itself as well as the car. Any suggestions as to why it does not reflect the music that plays on the iTouch?

Another question is regarding Spotify. If there are any Spotify users, do you have to purchase the monthly Premium offer in order to play songs online? Whenever we have tried to play songs through the Spotify app, it says "song is unavailable offline". When I try to go online, it right away offers the Premium offer.

Any tips?

Thanks!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Does the iPod work using the lightning cable?

Spotify non-premium users can play music online, but not select an individual track from a playlist - only shuffle play the list. And that does require connection via cable, as the Bluetooth for spotify isn't properly implemented - you can play the songs but album art and titles are incorrect.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Profiteroles, Spotify worked with the cable and iTunes suddenly worked without the cable.

Now, when I try to navigate the Spotify app, the Spotify screen with the MINI logo keeps appearing every 2 seconds. Do you know how to stop that from happening?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm new to the Apple world.

Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Thanks Profiteroles, Spotify worked with the cable and iTunes suddenly worked without the cable.

Now, when I try to navigate the Spotify app, the Spotify screen with the MINI logo keeps appearing every 2 seconds. Do you know how to stop that from happening?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm new to the Apple world.

Thanks a bunch!
That is intentional behaviour, the Spotify app reneges control over to the MINI, so you navigate using the central display. One of the biggest drawbacks with the MINI Spotify integration is that the app has to be running in order to play music - which means if you want to use your phone for something else (including the MINI Connected apps) you cannot listen to Spotify at the same time.

Also, the current MINI integration does not allow free text searching from the central display (probably because if you don't have the Media XL with handwriting recognition, it would be a nightmare to type whilst driving). You can only play from playlists or Spotify's "top lists".

I don't believe the "Spotify or MINI Connected, not both" issue can be resolved with an update either, because the BMW API requires the app to be running in order to call it.

You can however use the iTunes songs and MINI Connected, so if you want to listen to music whilst watching the goldfish - that's the only way to do it.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you Profiteroles, the sportify seems like a pain, so today I was figuring out the iTunes. Seemed easier but I couldn't figure out how to play a song on "repeat". I played around with the dial but couldn't find that option. I was able to repeat the song if I pressed the < arrow before the song ended.

Is there a way to get it to repeat without having to do this?

Thank you so much!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Re: Play Spotify Music on iPod

Hi, I'm a Spotify premium subscriber and I have faced a similar issue ever. If you tried to download Spotify tracks, you will find that Spotify music is encoded in OGG format, which is incompatible with iPod. So, we can listen to Spotify on iPod. Thanks to AudFree Spotify Music Converter for Windows, it allows me to convert Spotify music to MP3, then I can transfer Spotify to iPod and play it in my car. Hope it's helpful for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.