Mini Cooper Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. Another new member here. What info do I need to pass on to see if my wife’s Dec 2018 Mini Cooper convertible can be upgraded to Apple Play?
tia.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I hove a 2021 Mini Cooper Countryman Oxford Edition base model and was wondering if a retrofit exists to add Apple Carplay?

USA model

Thank you.
I want to thank sb2002 and ndal2 for helping me get Full Screen Wireless CarPlay on my 2021 Mini Cooper Countryman Oxford Edition base model. It was deactivated from factory and with their handy coding capabilities is working flawlessly.

If you have any question just PM them with your VIN and they will be able to help you.
Hi sb2002 - I have this exact same 2021 Mini Cooper Countryman Oxford Edition and would be interested in getting Carplay activated. Will PM my VIN, and thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
User sb2002 appears to have all of the answers! So I am going to ask the question, in the event that it can be answered.

I have a 2019 MINI Cooper S US edition, with the 6.5" inch screen and Harman Kardon speaker system. The vehicle does not have the factory Apple CarPlay or alarm. But I do have every other option. Is it possible to get CarPlay installed in my car?

·
Registered
58 Posts
User sb2002 appears to have all of the answers! So I am going to ask the question, in the event that it can be answered.

I have a 2019 MINI Cooper S US edition, with the 6.5" inch screen and Harman Kardon speaker system. The vehicle does not have the factory Apple CarPlay or alarm. But I do have every other option. Is it possible to get CarPlay installed in my car?
PMd.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi can someone help me?

I have a Mini Cooper s sport 2019 with a 6.5inch screen without sat nav. Can I add CarPlay to this unit?

thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi sb2002, I’m hoping you can also help me please?

Im based in the UK and I have a 2018 Mini Cooper S with the 8.8” media screen. I have Navigation on it and was wondering if it’s possible to have Apple Car Play installed? I’d appreciate any advice you can give me me, thank you.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi sb2002, I’m hoping you can also help me please?

Im based in the UK and I have a 2018 Mini Cooper S with the 8.8” media screen. I have Navigation on it and was wondering if it’s possible to have Apple Car Play installed? I’d appreciate any advice you can give me me, thank you.
PMd.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, is it possible to activate CarPlay on a nbt head unit from a mini f56 of 10/2017?

Hi, I am not sure if you have already installed it or not. I also have a 2015 F56 mini cooper with a 6.5-inch NBT HU. I have installed an aftermarket carplay unit. Installation was fairly easy, just required a bit of research and few videos to watch. Let me know, if you are still trying to figure how to install one.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi, I am not sure if you have already installed it or not. I also have a 2015 F56 mini cooper with a 6.5-inch NBT HU. I have installed an aftermarket carplay unit. Installation was fairly easy, just required a bit of research and few videos to watch. Let me know, if you are still trying to figure how to install one.
Hello, thanks for your reply.

Yes that’s what I’m gonna do.
The only issue I saw with those boxes is the aux output.
How do you do if you wanna change to the normal radio?! You need always to change the output sound manually, right?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, thanks for your reply.

Yes that’s what I’m gonna do.
The only issue I saw with those boxes is the aux output.
How do you do if you wanna change to the normal radio?! You need always to change the output sound manually, right?
if you hold down the menu button, it takes you back to the main drive system. Therefore, give you access to the radio option. I think that answered your question? The main output while in the carplay option, it has to be aux . you can pre-programmed the touch button ( I did 3 as the trigger to change the sound input/output option). I have not used it for long yet. But, from a week of use, it is definitely worth the money and effort.

·
Registered
34 Posts
if you hold down the menu button, it takes you back to the main drive system. Therefore, give you access to the radio option. I think that answered your question? The main output while in the carplay option, it has to be aux . you can pre-programmed the touch button ( I did 3 as the trigger to change the sound input/output option). I have not used it for long yet. But, from a week of use, it is definitely worth the money and effort.
Great! That is good to know!
I will definitely buy it. Thanks again for the information.

·
Registered
2022 Oxford Countryman
6 Posts
I'm trying to reach out to SB2002 and ndal2, but it's saying I'm a new user and I've reached my conversation limit (this is my first attempted conversation). How can I get in touch with them?
Just got mine working! Thanks to sb2002 and ndal. I have a 2021 Countryman Oxford edition. Very happy with the results!

21 - 40 of 58 Posts