Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody I have a 2019 Mini Cooper S LCI, using BimmerCode I changed the lights that come on when unlock the car to the turn signals and it looks bad ass, does anyone know or has anyone tried if we can change the angel eyes from the stock blue to the turn signal Amber kind of like the bad ass Kia telluride?

very difficult to take pictures of headlights but I think it would look so cool, let me know if anyone’s tried in expert mode, thanks everybody👌🙏
Automotive parking light Car Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle

Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive lighting
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Car

·
Registered
323 Posts
I want to know this sane thing, except for the F60! I think as DRLs they would look great. And if the headlights turn on, I would kinda want them to go back to white. But if there's any possibility of keeping the amber colour on, I'm interested!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want to know this sane thing, except for the F60! I think as DRLs they would look great. And if the headlights turn on, I would kinda want them to go back to white. But if there's any possibility of keeping the amber colour on, I'm interested!
Where there’s a will there’s a way, I would think that it’s something that could be done an expert mode for sure, I don’t know if you played around with the angeleye brightness but I have turned the angeleyes brightness to 100% when the headlights are on, because stock it automatically reduces the Angel eye brightness. And oh my god my headlights are so goddamn bright with the low beams, and then the angel eyes at 100%, it really helps out with visibility. Again hard to grasp in pictures😂
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Grille

·
Registered
119 Posts
Where there’s a will there’s a way, I would think that it’s something that could be done an expert mode for sure, I don’t know if you played around with the angeleye brightness but I have turned the angeleyes brightness to 100% when the headlights are on, because stock it automatically reduces the Angel eye brightness. And oh my god my headlights are so goddamn bright with the low beams, and then the angel eyes at 100%, it really helps out with visibility. Again hard to grasp in pictures😂 View attachment 76620
Looking good but you've to consider that having all LED's to 100% will significantly increase heat production and maybe the headlight cannot anticipate, causing heat damage to the internals. Also these things are damn expensive to replace!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking good but you've to consider that having all LED's to 100% will significantly increase heat production and maybe the headlight cannot anticipate, causing heat damage to the internals. Also these things are damn expensive to replace!
That’s true I did not consider that, I don’t drive at night very often, and I don’t use my highbeams very much so perhaps the low beams with the angel brightness at 100% should be OK, plus my car is under warranty, and every time I take it in I revert all my BimmerCode settings, plus it’s going to be turned in in about six weeks lol now I’m just trying to figure out what to replace it with, I’m using lease trader and I am just waiting on this chick to initiate Lease assumption paperwork on a 2020 330i. I am going to miss the mini for sure, but it is a little small for me and I carry around a lot of items so it’s been difficult playing a game of Tetris every day. And I’ve averaged about 25 miles per gallon, but the BMW averages like 31 miles per gallon and it’s faster lol

·
Registered
323 Posts
That’s true I did not consider that, I don’t drive at night very often, and I don’t use my highbeams very much so perhaps the low beams with the angel brightness at 100% should be OK, plus my car is under warranty, and every time I take it in I revert all my BimmerCode settings, plus it’s going to be turned in in about six weeks lol now I’m just trying to figure out what to replace it with, I’m using lease trader and I am just waiting on this chick to initiate Lease assumption paperwork on a 2020 330i. I am going to miss the mini for sure, but it is a little small for me and I carry around a lot of items so it’s been difficult playing a game of Tetris every day. And I’ve averaged about 25 miles per gallon, but the BMW averages like 31 miles per gallon and it’s faster lol
You should really be getting better mpg. If that is accurate for your Mini, the 330i will be the same.

And the Mini technically has a much larger cargo area. But you have to put the seats down in the back. If you keep them up, the cargo space is the same as the 330i.

I still want amber DRLs!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
You should really be getting better mpg. If that is accurate for your Mini, the 330i will be the same.

And the Mini technically has a much larger cargo area. But you have to put the seats down in the back. If you keep them up, the cargo space is the same as the 330i.

I still want amber DRLs!
Well I do have the six speed automatic, I had a 2020 330I rwd for a month and I was averaging 30 miles per gallon, while driving it very hard, the ZF transmission is more efficient, the 2 extra gears help. My car has been consistently giving me like 25.6 miles per gallon since I got it with 5400 miles, I am not that hard on it, and I run it in green mode quite often especially when coasting so it decouples the differential or whatever and drops the RPM down to zero. The 330 I though is known to get better gas mileage than at least the six speed automatic mini Cooper S, I’m not certain about the DCT I would assume it probably gets better gas mileage since it’s an 7spd…

looks like other people have similar results with a 2019 and the six speed automatic👌💯
Font Motor vehicle Screenshot Web page Multimedia

·
Registered
323 Posts
Well I do have the six speed automatic, I had a 2020 330I rwd for a month and I was averaging 30 miles per gallon, while driving it very hard, the ZF transmission is more efficient, the 2 extra gears help. My car has been consistently giving me like 25.6 miles per gallon since I got it with 5400 miles, I am not that hard on it, and I run it in green mode quite often especially when coasting so it decouples the differential or whatever and drops the RPM down to zero. The 330 I though is known to get better gas mileage than at least the six speed automatic mini Cooper S, I’m not certain about the DCT I would assume it probably gets better gas mileage since it’s an 8spd…
That is strange, I expected better mpg for your car. I was averaging 39mpg in my 2015 3cyl. Not a lot of highway miles, either. But it's a different engine entirely.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Are we comparing apples to apples in terms of overall cost to run?

I've seen so many stories of false economy over the years. A perfect example would be buys car to get a little better MPG, but loses it on other running costs like insurance and upkeep.

I also don't lease vehicles, i'm sure leasing companies are laughing right now given how tight the used market is.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I also have a hard time believing what people post for MPG. I know in the truck world there's a lot of great liars that over state their MPG to the point where someone thinks there is something wrong with their vehicle.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is strange, I expected better mpg for your car. I was averaging 39mpg in my 2015 3cyl. Not a lot of highway miles, either. But it's a different engine entirely.
Yes I have heard and read that the 1.5 gets excellent gas mileage, 39 miles per gallon is very good especially without much Highway, but are you speaking about the European miles per gallon, and obviously it is calculated differently over there, but I would deduce that The onboard computer
Are we comparing apples to apples in terms of overall cost to run?

I've seen so many stories of false economy over the years. A perfect example would be buys car to get a little better MPG, but loses it on other running costs like insurance and upkeep.

I also don't lease vehicles, i'm sure leasing companies are laughing right now given how tight the used market is.
well my Mini Cooper was my first leased car, I had a Chevy volt that was totaled and I needed a car right away so I assumed the lease, no down payment, and since it was practically new maintenance is included, including brakes and rotors. Previous to that I have had many used cars several Jaguars, Audis etc. and I am really enjoying the peace of mind that if anything breaks I don’t have to pay for it. So the 330 I would also include free maintenance, so there aren’t really any running costs other than perhaps a new set of two tires when I turn in the lease, which I already bought on eBay, 60 bucks each (8.5 tread depth) for the Dunlop sport maxx run flats that are OEM on my Mini.

Also seeing as though I get tired of cars very quickly assuming a lease is awesome because I get to get a new car every year, beat on it and never worry about it breaking lol

·
Registered
82 Posts
IMO leasing cars is the most expensive way to operate a vehicle and plenty of cheap used reliable vehicles can be had. If over all running costs were an issue i'd buy another Honda Accord

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
IMO leasing cars is the most expensive way to operate a vehicle and plenty of cheap used reliable vehicles can be had. If over all running costs were an issue i'd buy another Honda Accord
no of course it is, but if you like to have different cars often, and you want a peace of mind of a warranty, service loaners, and the newest technology leasing is the best way to go. I am considering a W209 Clk320, they are extremely durable, cheaper parts, bulletproof engine and tranny as well as classic styling… Honda Accords as of late have an extremely spotty reliability record, transmissions issues specifically, the CVT of course, and then even back in the 2000s to 2012 transmission, and then with the newer 1.5 turbo‘s oil dilution issues, of course any or most older Lexus’s and camry‘s are good to rely on but you’re not gonna have the same new technology, safety, and hold their values damn well for a reason😂

·
Registered
82 Posts
no of course it is, but if you like to have different cars often, and you want a peace of mind of a warranty, service loaners, and the newest technology leasing is the best way to go. I am considering a W209 Clk320, they are extremely durable, cheaper parts, bulletproof engine and tranny as well as classic styling… Honda Accords as of late have an extremely spotty reliability record, transmissions issues specifically, the CVT of course, and then even back in the 2000s to 2012 transmission, and then with the newer 1.5 turbo‘s oil dilution issues, of course any or most older Lexus’s and camry‘s are good to rely on but you’re not gonna have the same new technology, safety, and hold their values damn well for a reason😂
I'm talking golden era Accord 90-93. There's plenty of those running around CA in good condition. It won't make people excited at the traffic light or pulling up to Applebee's, but it's paid for.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Yes I have heard and read that the 1.5 gets excellent gas mileage, 39 miles per gallon is very good especially without much Highway, but are you speaking about the European miles per gallon, and obviously it is calculated differently over there, but I would deduce that The onboard computer

well my Mini Cooper was my first leased car, I had a Chevy volt that was totaled and I needed a car right away so I assumed the lease, no down payment, and since it was practically new maintenance is included, including brakes and rotors. Previous to that I have had many used cars several Jaguars, Audis etc. and I am really enjoying the peace of mind that if anything breaks I don’t have to pay for it. So the 330 I would also include free maintenance, so there aren’t really any running costs other than perhaps a new set of two tires when I turn in the lease, which I already bought on eBay, 60 bucks each (8.5 tread depth) for the Dunlop sport maxx run flats that are OEM on my Mini.

Also seeing as though I get tired of cars very quickly assuming a lease is awesome because I get to get a new car every year, beat on it and never worry about it breaking lol
I'm talking US gallons here. So, yes. Very great gas mileage on that thing! I was using 93 octane in it, though. I can only seem to get 30 average in my Countryman 😕.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm talking golden era Accord 90-93. There's plenty of those running around CA in good condition. It won't make people excited at the traffic light or pulling up to Applebee's, but it's paid for.
Oh yes, those definitely are tanks, I had a 1991 Acura legend coupe that was just a wonderful car, soft closing doors still worked at 150,000 miles, I was pretty hard on it and the head gasket did end up having issues, I bet I could’ve fixed it for cheap but at that point I wanted something that was a little safer and had traction/stability control, I also had a beautiful 1993 Acura legend LS, just wonderful era of Honda Acura cars👌

1 - 17 of 17 Posts