Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am new here and I am about to pull the trigger on this 2016 cooper S manual with 12,000 miles on it. I test drove it and everything else was in good shape. It was a lease return from a Mini dealer in Alberta. (SNOW) They said the carfax is clean and no accident. Hmmm, Should I just go with JCW but in auto? :p What should I look out for in used F56? Many thanks!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
That’s the first rusty F56 I have ever seen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
100 Posts
Leave that one well alone, definitely been damaged and a poor repair, lots of F56's out there rust free so no need to buy this one.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Forget about this MINI. It has certainly been repaired (very bad).
All MINI have a strong resistance to rust thanks to the factory preparation process and subsequent ad hoc painting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all for the replies! I was like huh? They said they didn't notice it:LOL::cautious: Where is the ethic? Anyway, JCW in auto or stick? real answers please! : )

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had a JCW stick so I'd say that, If you were wanting to tune I believe the stick or manual gearbox is able to take more torque.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Mini use zinc content steel and then a superb process of paint etc. So well protected you rarely see rust on a well cared for mk1 BMW mini let alone an f series. We did the factory tour and our guide was really proud of it. That is a terrible repair.

·
Registered
607 Posts
In March 2017 I noticed a tiny stone chip near the drivers-side rear door. Being the impulsive sort, it's taken until now for me to buy some VO touch-up paint and cover the chip. After 3 wet winters the unprotected metal surface was still rust free. That deffo looks like the result of a very poor repair.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hi all,

I am new here and I am about to pull the trigger on this 2016 cooper S manual with 12,000 miles on it. I test drove it and everything else was in good shape. It was a lease return from a Mini dealer in Alberta. (SNOW) They said the carfax is clean and no accident. Hmmm, Should I just go with JCW but in auto? :p What should I look out for in used F56? Many thanks!!
This MINI shows the signs of being caught in a flood.
Definitely avoid

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

In my case, in Virginia, I bought a used 2016 2dr MCS last month, fully loaded with 23K. Car is spotless and runs like a rocket. I did get rid of the RF tires for regular tires which made a great difference in the ride. The MCS did not have a reverse camera, which I’m having installed, and I put in $1,100 in Mini recommended services. It’s a wonderful vehicle, fun to park and drive. and worth every dime I have in it, noting it cost less than 1/2 the price of a similarly equipped new Mini. I looked for 3 months and tried a # of MCS’ before finding the right one for me. Interesting I saw a 2016 MCS on a used car lot today. Body was beat up, 95k miles and they still wanted almost 10 k. Choose wisely...

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Flood in a seawater Bath wouldn't do that to a mini door. It has been damaged to bare metal, left to rust then very briefly painted over, or a new door non oem skin braised on but not painted properly

·
Registered
133 Posts
Walk away from this basket case. The dealer is lying to you. the F56 has a either 7 or 10 year paint warranty, cant remember which.
Plenty of more mini’s out there

Reactions: jeremybingham
1 - 20 of 20 Posts