Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if that little extra radiator on the JCW is fitted these days. You know the one behind the left end of the front bumper, air fed through the little grill that is a spotlight on the S. Also has exit air path through a grill in the left front arch liner. I've seen a JCW from about early 2018 that looks to have it missing... is that possible?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just wondering if that little extra radiator on the JCW is fitted these days. You know the one behind the left end of the front bumper, air fed through the little grill that is a spotlight on the S. Also has exit air path through a grill in the left front arch liner. I've seen a JCW from about early 2018 that looks to have it missing... is that possible?
Maybe it’s an S with JCW bodykit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
197 Posts
It's possible. I've read threads (either on here or NAM) with owners discussing the presence of the bonus rad.

Mines mid 2017 and has it. Pretty sure some of the last JCWs made before the hiatus were without it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks @Rodney Trotter yes that's the one! Only I've seen pictures of this car and the vent in the bumper is filled in like the right hand one, and with the bumper off the rad is not there, and the arch liner is solid.

@hcube yep that's what I thought at first, but the owner firmly believes it's a full proper JCW. Given the rest of the pointers (all the clocks, all the badges, all the seats, I mean everything else) are JCW, including looking up the reg in the .gov MOT checker, and other online checkers, it does seem to be a real JCW. It was sold to him by a real MINI dealer too, as a JCW, so I don't think it is hack job!

@Dragonfly and that's the answer I reckon. It was last of the builds before the gap. Wonder why they ditched the rad!? Albeit temporarily... maybe an emissions excercise? Less weight, better aero.

Thanks all!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts