1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Yes, there is a cargo net that you can purchase separate.....it should come with the car imo...it connects to the back of the rear seats & to the 2 metal hooks on the back of the boot area (bumper side). It does not hook to the floor in front like the pic but up onto the seat backs. It's only about $35 USD.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Yes, there is a cargo net that you can purchase separate.....it should come with the car imo...it connects to the back of the rear seats & to the 2 metal hooks on the back of the boot area (bumper side). It does not hook to the floor in front like the pic but up onto the seat backs. It's only about $35 USD.
Do you have a part number or anything? My dealer told me that is wasn't available!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Do you have a part number or anything? My dealer told me that is wasn't available!
I'll try and remember to dig it out for you when I get home. If you do a search I posted a pic with the p/n last summer/fall.

Reactions: KYDan

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
That works too! :)

It's intended purpose is to latch onto the 4 anchor points in the corners of the boot which are only there with the Storage Package.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Thanks, I forgot that I didn't order the compartment when I built the car online! I didn't get the false bottom or the power outlet much to my chagrin. Too late now, I did get the sectional compartment tray as an after thought. I do have the driver side sun visor though!
The luggage compartment option is just more to go wrong. I figure "why have a depressed boot, if you are going to add weight for a floor board to cover it and make it basically useless!" Only thing I would have liked is the outlet in the back (should be next to the light on "all" MINI's"! You can always buy the floorboard and use it anyway if needed at times to make your floor more level with the seats down. Oh, and btw, I disagree the net only comes with the storage compartment option. That's a totally different cargo net. This one is for the depressed boot w/o the storage package, but you could use it on either I suppose. The hooks are on the rear seat backs for using this net.

Reactions: vetsvette and KYDan

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I've not seen those hooks before....it might be a "stretch" to use the net I mentioned...but it might work. My hooks in the depressed boot are along the back side of the boot, not where yours are located. You might get away with the longer cargo net with those hooks (the one that comes with the storage package). Sorry, I just don't have any experience with those hooks.

·
Registered
768 Posts
They look like "D" rings that you can get and install yourself. I'm sure they're OEM, but haven't a clue what package or option they're tied to.
They're part of the Storage Package. I've got them in mine with a net from the dealer. I'll post a pic after work.
I've also got a net under the boot floor but that one is mostly useless.

Reactions: KYDan

·
Registered
478 Posts
The MINI net fits my F55 just fine, which I think has a bigger boot than a F56. I use it to cover two bowling ball bags, one is a two ball wheeled bag and then other is a single ball bag. The wheeled bag nearly touches the parcel shelf, but the net does cover if fine with a bit of a stretch.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Great thanks.. Do you know if there is a part number too?
I didn't keep the bag that mine was packaged in. MINI USA shows the part number for F56 Luggage Compartment Floor Net as 51470010565.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.