Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,

I am trying to figure out how to control both sides of the dual climate control system instead of changing both sides individually to match the same temperature

Has anyone figured out how to do this?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yeah, its a bummer. My wife has a "sync" button on your Toyota RAV4 and it is a great idea. Since, I drive mostly by myself, its a bit of a pain. I guess the goal is that you shouldn't have to change it if it maintains the temp. :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
No, there is no way of synching both sides by using one dial. They can only be controlled independently.
Incidentally I have often read on these forums that the numbers on the temp dials are related to the actual temperatures ie 20c or the max dial setting 28c. Are these just numbers or do the numbers actually relate to the temp?

edit to add that if it were so, wouldnt they be higher numbers in North America as they would be in F.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
No, there is no way of synching both sides by using one dial. They can only be controlled independently.
Incidentally I have often read on these forums that the numbers on the temp dials are related to the actual temperatures ie 20c or the max dial setting 28c. Are these just numbers or do the numbers actually relate to the temp?

edit to add that if it were so, wouldnt they be higher numbers in North America as they would be in F.
I believe that when I switched mine to Centigrade, the F->C values were converted correctly. If it were a fixed range instead of the actual temp, I don't think the unit value would change. Why would it?

Just a guess, though. Would be easy enough to check.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Genuine question, but why?

It's mid winter here in Scotland so I usually crank both up to 28 and hit the max button then a few miles in I hit the max again to turn it off then few miles later reduce the temps, funnily enough usually have my side 2 deg lower - no big deal.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Genuine question, but why?

It's mid winter here in Scotland so I usually crank both up to 28 and hit the max button then a few miles in I hit the max again to turn it off then few miles later reduce the temps, funnily enough usually have my side 2 deg lower - no big deal.
I'm enjoying the auto AC for now, but I'm a bit worried about summer. When it's 9000 C outside the first thing I want is a solid blast of cold air on my face. Will it be up to the task? I'll let you all know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm glad Someone brought this up. As I think this is a pain. Having had this on the Evoque and have it on our passat. You would think it would be fitted to a mini being designed by BMW

·
Registered
102 Posts
LOL. Silly Hat. Ever spent a summer in Arizona?
Had a lot of running round to do this morning and when I left home at 09:00 it was 38 degrees Celsius outside, by the time I got home at 13:00 it was 42 degrees and still climbing. Before starting out I set the drivers side to 19 and the passenger side to 22. I left the car parked in the sun while I did some errands and the interior was quite warm when I got back to it so I hit the Max A/C button and both sides changed to 16. It quickly cooled everything down and the Auto A/C handles these temperatures very well.

Mike :)

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Had a lot of running round to do this morning and when I left home at 09:00 it was 38 degrees Celsius outside, by the time I got home at 13:00 it was 42 degrees and still climbing. Before starting out I set the drivers side to 19 and the passenger side to 22. I left the car parked in the sun while I did some errands and the interior was quite warm when I got back to it so I hit the Max A/C button and both sides changed to 16. It quickly cooled everything down and the Auto A/C handles these temperatures very well.

Mike :)
Excellent, thanks for the report.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I'll ask again: genuine question, but why is this such an issue?

• It doesn't take a lot of effort to adjust both if you want
  • It's dual-zone, so if you want your side hotter/colder adjust it, you shouln't have to adjust the passenger side at the same time
  • If you have got a passenger, let them do it themselves (or are they lazy too)
This is the first time I've had this in a car, so if I'm missing something please set me straight. I suppose in theory the system might have to work harder if there's a large difference between the two sides?

1st world problems...>:D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts