Mini Cooper Forum banner

Is This A Good Deal - Financially?

5K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  paulramon 
#1 ·
Apologies for a new post but I'm really looking for some comments on the actual deal I have been offered, not whether I should change from my Audi A4 to a Mini Cooper S.

I have an Audi A4 (64 Plate) 136 Technik - 10,000 miles on the clock.

Looking at this

https://www.approvedusedminis.co.uk/...47708498412!46

Been offered a straight swap, only thing I have to pay is the road tax.

I'd like your opinions on the deal I have been offered if possible.

#2 ·
Hi Paul

The price of the Mini seems pretty good as it does have a fair amount of extras.
I paid more for a 9 month old F55s 2 months ago and have not regretted it.
The Mini is a more fun car than the A4 IMHO .

I convinced myself by doing a config with the cars extras on the MINI configurator and you if you did this you will see the new price.

cant say whether the part ex for your A4 is a good deal as I don't know what the A4s go for. But you do state that it is a fair price. so if the part ex is good and the purchase price is good its down to whether you want to do the swap.

It could also depend on how often you change cars as this could affect what you think on what either of the cars will be worth in 12,24 or 36 months if that really matters to you.

It sounds like you really want to but just need a nudge.
Life's too short for regrets!! :laugh:

#4 ·
If you want a mini it's a no brainer. Ignore the doomsayers,most mini owners are happy else there would be far more moaners on this forum. It's a lovely well built sporty little car. Test drive it and buy it if you like it! Sounds like y oud be able to off load it with very little loss if you didn't want to keep it!

#5 ·
Many thanks. I have no issues about the quality of the Mini product at all. I have had three in the past and was very happy with them. I took a 5 door Cooper S out on Friday for a test and was immediately struck by the upgrade in the interior plastics etc. I was just curious what people who had bought the car recently thought about the deal I was being offered. The cost to change is only the price of the road tax on the Mini....

#8 ·
I couldn't see which one you mean but as said above "life is for living" if you like it get it :)

It doesn't matter what car you buy as they all loose money, at the end of the day it's not really costing you anything as you'd need to tax your present car, good luck :)

#13 ·
Are there better cars.? I've had cars that have been as reliable but no better Toyota mr2, equally as much fun and faster ,golf r32 but dreadfully unreliable and expensive to run etc etc but I've never had a car this fast that could be this comfy (std) or fun (sport mode) this refined or this cheap to run. It's amazingly economical mega low road tax, low insurance and VERY cheap servicing deal at least in the uk. Also it's practical for two and with bars and roof box more so, .the perfect all rounder? Ticks.all the boxes for me but above all its not a boring euro box with a boring dash but a personal choice based cheeky great looking car I never get fed up of washing or driving.

#21 ·
Many thanks for the help and comments. I've had three before, one was a 62 plate Cooper S and I liked that although was a bit disappointed with the build quality. After having test drove a new Cooper S I was very impressed by how much BMW have upped their game with regards to the finish both inside and outside the vehicle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.