Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to see a local vehicle signwriting and wrapping company. I was interested to have some stripes on the bonnet and boot of my car. Attached is the type of the stripes I'm interested in. I think it will go nicely with my electric blue cooper s with black roof and wheels. Stripes in carbon fibre effect.
Price quoted for the stripes fitted £200+vat. Or in addition to the stripes, i can have the front and back lights surround wrapped in black for £250+vat.
My question is, is the prices quoted reasonable? What do you think?

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Design

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle City car

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I'd say the strips to fit would be 4 hours tops, if that, plus the material cost of about £35-50. Check it's good quality vinyl with at least 5 year guarantee.

With the light rings, I'd be tempted to buy new black ones which would be about the same, then when you sale refit the original one and sell the black ones :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Having just done a DIY installation of custom window perf on all three back windows of my F56 2 door hatchback, and two side custom graphics "stripes" on each side (back window to front tire) this weekend, your stripes would likely be done in an hour, maybe two, by a company that regularly does this.

In terms of my installation (which is really only a temp install for Mini Takes The States 2016), the areas I did have a couple of places where up close you know the person doing it was amateur , the areas where my wife took over were perfect -- as she said she did a lot of playing with color-forms as a kid.

·
Registered
303 Posts
It is but I've only had the bonnet done and I'm assuming textured CF vinyl will be more expensive. To be honest I was expecting about £100 so when he said £40 I booked it in there and then!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.