Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Have a 2014 F56 SD. Just turned 13K miles
Had no issues with it and have just returned from a 2500 mile trip to Italy and back and drove like a dream.
Got in the car the other day and the steering just doesn't seem as precise as before. Having to make lots of little corrections in the steering all the time.
Checked tyre pressures all ok, tried it with more and less in all of them. It was in to MINI for a tyre pressure warning fault so got them to have a look but could not find anything wrong.
Had the tracking checked and 100% spot on.
Just not sure where to go from here. It's just not a go kart anymore.
Any ideas most welcome

Martin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 F56 JCW
509 Posts
I agree with Blat7Chris.
Tyres do change in the way they feel on the road after a few miles under them. Could even be a bad tyre that wears differently and can change the whole feel on the road.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tyres and geometry I guess are your first call. Are your tyres low, less than 3mm? If they are then they have passed their prime. If the tyres are like new, then a full geometry check may give you some pointers.

Thanks for the feedback. Front tyres are about 3mm. A little worn on on outside but still a bit of life in them.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. Front tyres are about 3mm. A little worn on on outside but still a bit of life in them.

"still a bit of life", depends on who you are talking to, from a road legal point of view, yes, but from a tyre manufactures point of view no. Tyre manufactures say after 3mm the tyre has given its best, and barking distances increase until they hit the legal limit.

You could rotate, front to back to see if the tyres are the reason. I wouldn't leave these 3mm tyres on the back, unless you like a tail happy setup.

Chris.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.