Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of us who have the 'standard' ambient lights - and not the MINI Yours super package - have you noticed the MINI light-show when you open the door?!

I currently have blue selected as the colour for the ambient lights - but noticed tonight that, as I opened the door (after dark), the ambient lights went through the full colour change sequence automatically.

This stopped when I started the engine, and my selected colour stayed on throughout the journey. Have a look and see if this is something that all the F56 cars do... I have not set up anything deliberately.

Enjoy the show!:)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yes mine has always done that too :) it's tricky to spot in daylight though huh? And because we've (shock!) had such lovely long sunny days, I don't feel I've had the full benefit of the various light features. Roll on winter :)

I did use my heated seat last night though! Mmmmm cosy!!

Reactions: Black&White_D

·
Registered
508 Posts
FYI, you can set the mood lights to constantly cycle by pressing and holding the change colour toggle by the rear view mirror.
This is actually quite dangerous - not only because if you are tall, you will be hit in the head by the disco ball that folds out of the headliner, but also becasue after a while 'stage smoke' will be pumped in to flow off the rear parcel shelf and you will lose all rear vision.

For those who don't know what this looks like:

http://youtu.be/5WXVaChA3Q0

Though I should stress girl guides are not fitted to any European Mini.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Mostly, I have used the centre LED ring in it's standard mode. Then, it's a kind of Rev Counter, and briefly changes as you turn things on or off.

But...

If you change it to Driving mode, it displays something different depending on the mode:
Normal: A yellow band which indicates your speed. Half way round, and you're doing 80 mph.
Green: If you are driving in a good green manner, green bars creep up from both sides to meet at the top. If you floor it, the green bars vanish, and it all goes dark!
Red: Is the rev counter mode you already know and love.

Had the car 9 months, and only found this out last week.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Mostly, I have used the centre LED ring in it's standard mode. Then, it's a kind of Rev Counter, and briefly changes as you turn things on or off.

But...

If you change it to Driving mode, it displays something different depending on the mode:
Normal: A yellow band which indicates your speed. Half way round, and you're doing 80 mph.
Green: If you are driving in a good green manner, green bars creep up from both sides to meet at the top. If you floor it, the green bars vanish, and it all goes dark!
Red: Is the rev counter mode you already know and love.

Had the car 9 months, and only found this out last week.
Huh! I did not realize that! :)

·
Registered
234 Posts
I dont see any wink?? are you refering to the head up display??
When I was looking at a model in the dealership, shortly before ordering, I did catch the wink, but I don't know what caused it. I think it was the door being opened to let myself out.

Reactions: jcostales
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.