Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was away in Newcastle today, (live in Fife), and out of the blue an email from dealer lady appeared on my mobile phone saying my MC, red with black roof, will be arriving before the weekend and would I drop in to get the paperwork sorted.

Totally unexpected and I couldn't believe it..still don't really but I'm going along anyway!

It was ordered end of March and has actually arrived earlier than first promised.

I have a cherished number transfer hassle to do before the car will finally be "mine" though.

So those waiting, take heart as out of nowhere they suddenly arrive!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Out if interest, what was the previous build date you had? I'm surprised it's cone out if the blue like that.
Texy

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Milo,
I don't have my spec list to hand, but if I remember correctly: chrome in and out, 16 inch alloys, chilli pack, media pack XL, reversing camera, cruise control, HUD, electric mirrors, heated screen, dark glass, piano black trim line, black bonnet stripes, leather wheel with controls, sports seats.
Some of these individual items come as part of the packs too of course.
May have forgotten something, apologies if so.

Texy,
I ordered the car in the last week of March and was immediately given a delivery date of 26 th May, which I felt was a bit optimistic.
The next week I was told 29 th June, then middle of June and for the last couple of weeks it has been the end of the first week of June for possible delivery.
So I was hoping, maybe with a bit of luck, I may get a call by the end of next week that the car might be delivered soon...getting the news today was completely unexpected and very welcome. About a week earlier than hoped for and nearly a month earlier than it might have been.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Good for you Johnan. I ordered a week before you and my date has only gone backwards - from mid June to end of June. I've not heard anything from my dealer for 2 weeks so I'm not sure what the latest is.
Texy

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Of course I haven't actually got it yet, but the dealer says it is on the back of a lorry heading north somewhere. Lets hope she is right!

I suppose where different colours fit into the production line will make some be available out of synch with their order timing.

Yours can't be far away Texy, surely.

·
Registered
734 Posts
A month can pass in no time!

I've just got over another hurdle... old car passed its last MOT with me. It's 16 years old and I'm selling it to someone at work, so he can deal with the few advisories... and replace the tyres soon.

My mini is maybe 6 weeks away, but that's not a firm date. I hope the timing works out so I can sell the old car as I get the mini. I don't want to have both at once.

It's really happening! :)

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes the time soon passes if you keep busy!

It seems they are being a bit cautious with their delivery predictions now, so Minis may well arrive a little earlier than first thought.

Lets hope so anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts