Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Orange County, California, has a new VO MCS Hardtop. [Insert Volcanic Orange County jokes here. Hehe!]

I finally picked up the car this past Wednesday. I've hardly had a chance to play with it, but so far it amazing. A very different drive than our 2002 MCS, but still very unique--and GRIN INDUCING! :-D

It's a crappy photo from an old iPhone, but attached is the very first image taken of our new car; even before I walked into the credit union to sign the paperwork! :)

I'll take better photos when I get a chance.

JP

Attachments

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, a1cd!

My wife's Electric Blue has white wheels, but they weren't an option when speccing mine back in July. I'll probably go aftermarket for those. I'm hoping these silver wheels can fake it until then! Haha.

JP

Reactions: hawaii50

·
Registered
216 Posts
Orange in Orange - I love it! Bet you'll be the only one with the white stripes on the streets there for a long time. A unique ride. Best of luck with it. I've had my VO, named Hal, for only a week now - still figuring out the controls.

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
Welcome quiller.. ORANGE you smart (see what I did there)>:D

Looks great with the white roof, mirror caps and stripes. Definitely agree the white wheels would look great..

·
Registered
190 Posts
Looks fantastic! Congratulations! The orange & white combination works like a dream, and I like how you held off on the chrome line exterior, leaving the intakes black. Classy!

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, gang!

It's great to be a member of the F56 club!

I'm learning new things about the car every time I hop inside! Yesterday, I learned that even a single coat hanger on the hook will fall off at every opportunity. Haha! Seriously, where are the handles that my wife's '02 has on both sides of the back row? How am I going to make the cleaners run every Saturday? LOL! Maybe there's an aftermarket solution.

For sure, I WANT to be the only VO & White Cooper in OC!

JP

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congrats quiller on your gorgeous new ride!! It looks great! Can't wait to see more photos!! I too am from the OC and am awaiting my own F56! How long was your wait from order date to delivery?

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, f56fangirl.

Good question. The good news is you won't have the EPA delay to hold you up as it did for so many others.

I ordered the car July 11 through a guy at our credit union. It was a simple matter of emailing him the PDF from the MINI site. He worked through MINI of Monrovia. I never set foot on a dealer lot, though I test drove it locally back in March when it was introduced here.

The car was actually built pretty fast.

On August 12 the car was loaded onto the shipping vessel in Southampton. You can actually track the vessel as it makes its way around the various coastlines. I must have checked fifteen times a day. Hahaha!

It arrived in Port Hueneme on September 5. We drove up the next day and took pictures of the shipping vessel. We also went to the Vehicle Distribution Center 1.4 miles from the port.

It sat there until October 15 due to the EPA delay.

My schedule prevented me from picking it up until the October 29.

I hope that gives you some idea of what to expect.

And, congratulations!

JP

·
Registered
5 Posts
Cool story and great info! Thank you :) Were you actually able to see your car at the Distribution Center??

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We tried, but guards were keeping an eye on us. Signs are posted all around about that area (the HUGE parking lot) of the VDC being part of Customs and no photography was allowed, etc. :) We were in my wife's MINI Cooper, so I don't think we looked like people causing too much trouble--still, we didn't want any black SUVs rolling up on us. Hahaha!

JP

Reactions: f56fangirl

·
Registered
131 Posts
I really like it. The white and the orange.. sharp! Today I realized that the new minis look like.. minions quite a bit.. hahah.. I bet we will see some mini's in blue and yellow soon :)

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's funny, ThunderSeven!

Those would be pretty novel. ;-)

My wife's boss wants me to name my car, Nemo. Hahaha! Not sure about naming cars just yet, but it's kind of funny.

JP

Reactions: hawaii50

·
Super Moderator
7,898 Posts
I saw some mini on car mats on ebay but they then disappeared-would have loved them. Definitely potential here!!!

Reactions: quiller

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
View attachment 8922

Here is my new :) 2015 Hardtop S VO color
Awesome, Hawaii50!

Congratulations.

By the looks of it, you might be just up the 405! I'll probably see you on the highway--can't miss it with that cool checker pattern! ;-)

JP

·
Registered
15 Posts
Awesome, Hawaii50!

Congratulations.

By the looks of it, you might be just up the 405! I'll probably see you on the highway--can't miss it with that cool checker pattern! ;-)

JP
Yes Sir,
I am live near 405 FWY/ 22FWY.
I am driving around those FWY and saw lot of Coopers.
watching Italian's job movie, love the second movie version.:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes Sir,
I am live near 405 FWY/ 22FWY.
I am driving around those FWY and saw lot of Coopers.
watching Italian's job movie, love the second movie version.:)
Look at my avatar ,I have the newest graphic on the side door, buy online and apply them by me at home, save some bucks.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
When you get a chance Hawaii50, upload some larger shots. I can't get a good look at those decals.

I'm considering something similar! :)

JP

1 - 20 of 28 Posts