Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered November 15, delivered December 26, my 2017 JCW. As noted before this is my sixth MINI since 2005.
Option list relatively simple: solid Chili Red, roof rails,manual, standard interior, Harmon Kardon, heated seats, rear foglight, glowing red color line, 18" Cups wheels for a MSRP of $34200. In addition I ordered a complete set of 18" 506 Cross Spoke wheels complete with tires and TPMS sensors. Those were the wheels I wanted on it, MINIUSA was currently closing out their last few sets to the dealers so I got a discounted rate for those. My plan was to immediately sell the extra Cups but on the way home tonight I was giving some thought to holding on to them. I will never again be able to get a complete set of 18" rims with tires and sensors for $750 again. They might come in handy if I wanted a change of pace, damaged wheels, snow tires, track tires, etc....
In two days, 150 miles or so, my first impressions are why did I wait so long? I first test drove a JCW when they came out with automatic followed by an S with manual, and they didn't really click with me at the time. I am now appreciating the "upscaleness" of the F body, I am not seeing any personal downside to it. Better build quality, quieter, stiffer structure, better materials, great seats, the list goes on. Here's some quick snaps from the dealer lot, it has just rained.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nice! Other than some interior options and colors ours are pretty similar. I loved the base seats as well. Once you toss one of these around it's pretty obvious the car is different in many good ways. I can't get over how quiet the moonroof is.

If I had been offered those wheels for what you paid I would have taken them in a heartbeat. Mine has the 17s on it, so I will probably get another set of those.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Chili Red nice! That's a real 'sleeper' with the single colour, roof rails, lots of chrome - very incognito, going to surprise a few faces!

I'm slowly morphing mine into something a little darker and meaner looking.

The wheels are going next, and I may well change the stripes for the JCW version, not keen on the white edge any more!

Congrats on the new car mtbscott!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Chili Red nice! That's a real 'sleeper' with the single colour, roof rails, lots of chrome - very incognito, going to surprise a few faces!

I'm slowly morphing mine into something a little darker and meaner looking.

The wheels are going next, and I may well change the stripes for the JCW version, not keen on the white edge any more!

Congrats on the new car mtbscott!
Do it

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.