Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my 64gb memory stick today.

I simply copied all my folders from my iTunes folder on my PC to the stick which as worked in as much as the car sees each individual track but it doesn't seem to segregate them into the albums.

I'm able to search by genre and artist though.

Any idea what I need to do to get the car to recognise the albums?

Also, on my ipod I have quite a few playlists. How do I transfer them on to my memory stick....if at all?

Its crap how the handbook doesn't tell you anything about the stereo...... took me and the OH about half an hour to suss out how to get the shuffle feature to work!

The teeny weeny Sandisc Cruzer is fab though, you hardly see it when it's plugged in.

Reactions: MintMark and palgt1

·
Registered
281 Posts
Picked up my 64gb Sandisc memory stick today - not had chance to do anything with as yet but as I am not the sharpest knife in the box when it comes to technology, will watch this thread with baited breath ! My iTunes is on a Mac, so not sure if what needs to be done is different than on a PC - all help and advice will be appreciated

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi as far as I'm aware you can't transfer your playlists or music from your IPod although I think there is software lets you do this but do some research. The simple option is to create playlists in iTunes on your PC or laptop then transfer as you did with the folders. Others may come along and have alternative solutions.

I will be interested to see how you get on with the mini USB as it seems there have been a lot of problems with them although that could be because some have been found to be cheap fakes.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I just opened itunes copied all my music then pasted onto memory stick, worked a treat incl all folders & album covers. I then just copied that to the 20Gb hard drive which came with Media Pack XL.
To be honest i just bluetooth music from my iphone 5s which is always available as soon as i get in the car without even getting my phone out of my pocket!

·
Registered
998 Posts
Can confirm you wont get itunes playlists to transfer. Itunes uses a single database file to create playlists, no files are actually moved into folders. Another option might be to buy several smaller usb sticks and set each one up with a playlist worth of music

·
Registered
72 Posts
That's exactly the option that I took by creating Genre/playlists on 5 4Gb sticks.
Although I did have problems "Naming" the sticks on my Mac.OK the first time, & I thought this is fantastic, but for some reason (aka I.T. Mystery) I couldn't manage to Name the rest.Even deleting tracks is fairly simple too.Like all technology stuff it's a question of trial & error & hoping that if it all goes wrong then you can back track.Unfortunately old age is having an adverse effect on my memory so it's often a case of "what have I done now & how do I put it right !"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi , I run Itunes on a macmini at home , and Have a 64gb Cruze USB flash drive for the car.
Plug the USB drive into the Mac
On the Mac I opened Finder/Music/Itunes/Itunes Media .I selected all the artist folders and dragged and dropped them to the USB 64gb drive shown in Finder .
When you plug the USB drive in the car ,you can select albums and artists, albums play in the correct track order .The only issue I have is that some album artwork is displayed and others aren't . All my tracks are AAC ,.IM WORKING ON THIS ONE!

·
Registered
998 Posts
The car software will do an initial read of the entire drive and will give you the option to play all tracks or by artist/ album/ genre etc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts