Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am brand new to all this so greeting to everyone, I have a new JCW Mini convertible on order and have been quoted £400 for supple and fit driving spot lights, I am looking at fitting them myself as these do not need Mini connection through the ECU, my Question is do I have to by a new grill or can I cut/adjust the grill to fit, please can someone help me.. Ivor

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Ivor first welcome to F56 Mini great to have you here, and congrats on your order can't wait to see the pics.
I can't help you on the spots I have only fitted a set on the R56 S we had and it was a pain to do then as was no video help or anyone else that had done it.
I think a few on here have them fitted and i saw on a site lately a deal from Mini of £349 fitted just remember the spots cover the JCW badge when fitted.
Our JCW gets better by the day a fantastic fun was out for a blast late last nice always make me feel good

·
Registered
213 Posts
I dont think you need the grille but it would hide the jcw batch where they go, but you need to wire to the center console steering wheel cover as I think there is an extra switch placed there for the lights? perhaps other that have them can confirm.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello Wing co,
Thank you for your response, I do not understand why your Wife,s Mini should be so far away, my dealership Barrons Hindhead, have said the my Min will be ready before the end of April? when I placed my order with them the sales Guy was amazed how quickly it will take, Regards Ivor.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Hi Ivor. No need to buy a new grill, just follow the instructions and you'll do fine.

Reactions: derekh929

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Hello and welcome :)

Can't help on the lights but do know it would miff me if they covered the badge but we are all different ;)

I normally use Barons but their Farnborough branch, you will need to have some fun going through the Hindhead Tunnel with the roof down and sport button on :D

Enjoy :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hello Wing co,
Thank you for your response, I do not understand why your Wife,s Mini should be so far away, my dealership Barrons Hindhead, have said the my Min will be ready before the end of April? when I placed my order with them the sales Guy was amazed how quickly it will take, Regards Ivor.
Maybe they don't have a slot in Apr/May, but we're in no rush. My dealer is Park Lane London and the only one I can use for export and best deal for me. Car will be built in The Netherlands (6 miles from my home) transported to UK and Park Lane, UK registered. I'll fly over collect and drive back home to The Netherlands (6 miles from the factory). Register car in The Netherlands and de-register in UK. She'll use it here for about 2 years and then we'll come back to UK and de-register here and register in UK. Simple eh! I see the Mini hatch and convertibles outside the Dutch factory every time I drive by and there are lots of convertibles being made. No factory tours yet though. I have not driven a new mini and hope the JCW is fast. I've only driven the old Mini like my one in 1977 below and that was a pile of rusty junk...!!!

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.