Mini Cooper Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
I went with the NM just last week, got a steal of a deal on it so i couldnt pass up. Much fun being had. I havent needed to put it in sport mode for my commute, however id say if you are going all punchy at the red lights, sport mode helps a bit with torque steer. Mine is paired with the tuning kit.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
I went with the NM just last week, got a steal of a deal on it so i couldnt pass up. Much fun being had. I havent needed to put it in sport mode for my commute, however id say if you are going all punchy at the red lights, sport mode helps a bit with torque steer. Mine is paired with the tuning kit.

Good combo. You're just gonna like it more and more as time goes on.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Good combo. You're just gonna like it more and more as time goes on.
Agreed. The grin i get is childish...in fact my wife says i have the same look as my 6 yr old when the torque hits her. The kids love riding with dad, mom doesnt think its too cute. ?, cool dad gets the cool retirement home, right?!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks everybody, this is a most interesting thread with extremely useful info.
I have 1 question though, I find it difficult to see the vehicle specs of fellow members. I would like to know if someone's experience is with a stock Mini JCW, an MCS, MCS with JCW upgrades or any other combo. The location is also nice to know. Am I missing something? For most of the members I can not see their 'garage' or the 'location'.

Thanks again

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I have 1 question though, I find it difficult to see the vehicle specs of fellow members. I would like to know if someone's experience is with a stock Mini JCW, an MCS, MCS with JCW upgrades or any other combo. The location is also nice to know. Am I missing something? For most of the members I can not see their 'garage' or the 'location'.

Thanks again
JCW, NM module, JCW PRO exhaust, 18" Cup wheels, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ tires, I am considering Michelin Pilot Super Sport non runflat at the next tire change.

·
Registered
121 Posts

Thanks again
16 MCS, pro tuning kit (exhaust and tune), NM module, on 17 inch track spokes (i think theyre track spokes)

·
Registered
226 Posts
15 MCS, jcw tuning kit (exhaust and tune), NM module, stock 17" jcw wheels for winter and 18" BBS LM reps for summer?

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
These are all I can think of off hand. I'm probably missing a couple.

EXTERIOR

’15 Thunder Grey w/Chili Red top
Custom matte black/red racing stripes
AC Schnitzer Front Splitter
JCW Pro Rear Spoiler Extensions
Full Chrome Blackout
JCW Mirror Caps and Side Scuttles
Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna
OEM Mud Flaps
Tinted Windows
US Millworks QR front license mount
M7 Tow Hook

ENGINE

NM Power Module
ArmaSpeed CAI
JCW Pro Tuning Kit
HELIX DDC Intercooler

CHASSSIS

CravenSpeed Big Pair
NM Front strut brace
NM 22mm Rear Sway Bar
NM sway bar mounts w/grease fittings
NM End Links
NM Rear Control Arms
NM Springs
NM Stainless Brake lines
JCW Big Brake Kit
NM/Neuspeed RSe05 wheels 17X7.5 et40
Goodyear Eagle F1 215/45X17

INTERIOR

CravenSpeed ScanGauge II mount
Cravenspeed Garmin Mount
Sneed4Speed (S4S) Billy Club Shift Knob
Cravenspeed Adjustable Short Shifter
Cravenspeed Pro Shifter Retaining Clip
JCW Pro All Weather Mats
S4S Four Point Roll Bar, NASA and SCCA Compliant
S4S Rear Seat Delete

·
Registered
86 Posts
Really many thnaks to anyone taking the time to add their info. For those with a setup 'garage' and filled 'location', most of the info is readily available. I hope mine is also visible.
I think this is a thread with a huge interest and I would like to encourage everyone's experience with a tuning kit for stock JCW or MCS.
I would also like to see if anyone has experience with European-based suppliers like:
- Schnitzer (too expensive maybe?)
- MG Performance - Seletron (Chipbox)
- TMC Motorsport
- Racechip.eu
- Remus
- B&B Automobiltechnik

But to be honest, NM Eng. and Burger Tuning are both very interesting and tempting even for cars based in Europe.

·
Registered
23 Posts
This may be a wired question but if I buy the nm module is it possible t get better mpg? I know if I floor it and go crazy I'll definitely hit a horrible mpg level, but a lot of smiles will be on my face, but if I feather it and drive in green mode... will that increase my mpg? I heard people got from 32mpg without it and with the chip they get 42!! I live in USA so our mileage is worse lol.. lucky Europeans..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
121 Posts
Doubtful, i cant really see how as it is increasing boost and fuel to air mixture to create more power. Since onstalling mine ive lost about 2mpg but gained perma grin ?

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I have the F56 JCW stock HP is 231 I think and I have the JCW PRO exhaust. I put the car on a dynomometer and without the exhaust open and the NM module it was 263 HP, and with the exhaust valve opened it was 271.

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have the F56 JCW stock HP is 231 I think and I have the JCW PRO exhaust. I put the car on a dynomometer and without the exhaust open and the NM module it was 263 HP, and with the exhaust valve opened it was 271.

That's some good numbers there...was the module on low or high?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I have ordered some TORCO octane boost and I will add it to 93 octane fuel to raise it to 100 and then try it on the high setting. If there is enough increase to affect the butt dyno I will have it put on a dynomometer to verify the difference. It will be a while though as the next two months are pretty full already.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Yes, and I will have it for the event. I ordered a case of it and it arrived yesterday! We are really looking forward to it and hopefully it will be as good as usual. Sure wish you could make it. We will most likely arrive early and get some runs in before the crowd arrives, we run it for several days with friends ahead of the event.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts