Mini Cooper Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a Dinantronics Tuner installed now for about 8 months, just had a check engine light come on 2 days ago but when I got in my mini today the check engine light was off. I checked the code. and it was P12A8 Boost Pressure Sensor Too Low.

I took in to Mini and they say its the Dinan. They cleared the code and said I should remove it. Anyone have any issues?

·
Registered
226 Posts
This happened to several members on the NAM site. Dinan will replace a defective unit. I've had a NM on mine for 2 years without a problem, but I'm replacing it with a ByteTronic OBD Tune.

Oooooo really?! When are you doing that?! Excited to hear what you think as I think we currently have the same setups...why the switch to ByteTronic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Why, more power of course! :D
Hope to get it done in the next week or so. I got the package from ByteTronic today, but have to wait until I get my windows laptop back from repair. All my computers are Macs except for the one laptop I bought used just for esys. Ended up not using it after they came out with the bimmercode app. After it sat on a shelf for close to a year I fired it up and it immediately crapped it's pants.
I need to wait for a warmer day so I can remove my NM first anyway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This may be a wired question but if I buy the nm module is it possible t get better mpg? I know if I floor it and go crazy I'll definitely hit a horrible mpg level, but a lot of smiles will be on my face, but if I feather it and drive in green mode... will that increase my mpg? I heard people got from 32mpg without it and with the chip they get 42!! I live in USA so our mileage is worse lol.. lucky Europeans..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes you have some slight gas mileage improvement in green mode, i have had NM installed on my stock 2018 MCS, if you drive it conservative in green mode tha mileage (km/liter in Mexico) gets slightly but noticeable improved i used to reach 12 km/liter and now reach 13. 3 or something like that, obviously when i hit the gas the power is there but the gas spending is also, definitely woke up mi MCS very sharp very responsive the issue now is to avoid the temptation to floor it all the time, get it you will be very happy with it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I wanted to add I have had two bad Dinan Elite Modules. Both modules started to throw codes P12A9 and P10F2. The first module after about 3000 miles, the replaced under warranty module just after about 1000 miles. I am not trying a third Dinan Unit after chatting with a number of people in the same boat as me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry for jumping into this thread late. I have a F56 Cooper S with the JCW Tuning kit.
We have spent 4 years together with this little dynamo and I absolutely love the car. My query is for a slight mid-life boost!

I am in India, and was wondering which is the safest plug-in module to get? Dinan seems to have a few issues here and on NAM. I ideally want this to be as pain-free as possible with a slight power boost. Nothing extreme, but almost like a stage one boost.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts