Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I recently installed a jb4 on my F56. Everything was fine until I started engine for first time. Then I got errors on the headunit, so was curious for codes and checked on ista. I have attached the errors I got. I did remove the jb4 and cleared codes but they came back. Any ideas what this could be?

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m not a Mini Tech, but I’m a Honda Master and a ASE Master, there’s a lot of short errors there, you did allow the ECU’s to go to sleep before starting install… Yes? Or? And the connections made to their proper locations. The JB4 you have does it have the metal housing, if so did you allow it to come in contact with the battery B+ terminal, with the DLC connector attached if so you may have whacked the ECU upside the head. You might try, letting the ECU go to sleep, open windows, open hood, lock car, remove keys far enough so ecu and keys can’t see or communicate with one another, I personally put both fob’s in a stainless steel box on the other side of the house, go inside make a coffee, smoke a cig, and wait for a good twenty minutes or more,( I went through this with a DINAN Tuner and some of the codes are the same that you have there) then remove the battery cover, pull the B+ cable off and use a test light from the + cable to ground and purge the capacitors, draining the system, the use a multi meter to look for voltage between the b+ and ground, should be 0.00v. Then just let the system set for another 20-30 minutes, while your waiting you may also press the brake pedal, turn on the lights and other switches you can reach with the doors shut. After elapsed time, reconnect B+ terminal, covers, and try it out and see if the errors are gone, but you may need a real BMW scan tool clear them out, you may also try the “three trip reset,” take out drive, approximately 20 minutes, stop, get out, stay out for approximately 2 minutes, get back in restart, drive for twenty, repeat the above, 3 to possibly 5 times, this is called a “three trip cycle” it will usually clear most codes, within three trips, as long as the specific parameters are met and with in the normal values. Otherwise a trip to a shop that specializes in Mini might be in order, or a trip to the Mini Nazis at the dealer… lol.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts