Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

Looking to get a JB4 Tune for my 2018 MCS.

A question would be, is this tune still supported?

Also, I know this is the correct product:

If I buy the optional wireless connection kit, do I need to use the OBDII port at all?

If I use just the app and bluetooth, can I get all the functionality as if using the OBDII port?

Thanks for the help guys!

Note: Before I get directed to the N54tech forums, I did try and post on their site and main thread for the JB4 but, did not receive any response so I thought I'd try here!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
997 Posts
Thanks for the response. I was just looking for confirmation, as I am a bit unfamiliar with these piggy backs. I guess I'm just looking for someone who has this set up already!
I'm looking into the JB4, don't have it fitted yet.
I was nervous about having to feed the wiring through the fireall into the car to plug into the OBD port until i saw the wireless option - for the price of the adapter it looks worth it

·
Registered
888 Posts
I'm looking into the JB4, don't have it fitted yet.
I was nervous about having to feed the wiring through the fireall into the car to plug into the OBD port until i saw the wireless option - for the price of the adapter it looks worth it
Run the warranty out and go for a proper remap. From everything I’ve read you’ll get better gains and a much smoother power delivery.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Run the warranty out and go for a proper remap. From everything I’ve read you’ll get better gains and a much smoother power delivery.
Well I want to do the piggy-back so I can while under warranty. Will look into it when I am out of warranty for an actual ECU remap.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got mine, installed it. I have to say I’m pretty pleased with it. I’ve noticed it does better with Non-Ethanol (90 octane rating) and Octane Booster, I’ve been using “Royal Purple” seems to do better than just straight 93 or 93 with the booster. I installed the unit with the Bluetooth, and also installed the DLC cable as well, pretty sure the DLC cable has to be installed to receive data for the app. But pretty excited about getting some upgrade parts along with the unit. (2020 Cooper S 3 door / 7 speed Dual Clutch)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts