Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just joined the forum and though I'd say hello. Live down on the South Coast.

Been around the MINI scene for 10 years odd firstly with an R53, then a highly modified MCS JCW built to MINI Challenge spec by Sussex Road and Race (just sold), a Black and Red F56 JCW and soon a JCW Challenge (number 40 I have been told) that is expected to arrive end of October.

Add to the list my daughters red cooper it's a bit of a fan club in my house!

Love track days (especially Bedford, Brands and Combe) and touring trips so count me in. The MARMA trip in 2010 was awesome if anyone here was on it?

I have set up a JCW Challenge FB group if anyone else is taking the plunge "JCW Challenge Owners Club" which is all about organising track days, tours and meets. So if you are getting one pop on over and say hello.

As with some others here I did have an M135i for 3 years which I enjoyed immensely however I found it a bit "clinical" for my taste. Good to see the Golf R discussions are here too haha!

Anyway will be good to catch up with you sometime soon.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sounds like quite the collection! Unfortunately track days are not an option for me as our company Insurance seems to frown on taking cars on the race track (and I can't imagine our fleet manager being too happy when I request new tires every six months) >:D

·
Registered
320 Posts
Welcome, and great to see a Challenge owner coming on board :)

I'm newish still to Mini, a JCW owner now for nearly 4 months, last car of any interest was an Elise many many years ago which I took to Bedford and Abingdon a number of times for a blast! Can't quite understand why I didnt chop my company Audi's and BM's in years ago for one of these things!

Great to hear your going to drive it properly too, but dont forget your JCW will still need the love when the monster arrives :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome, and great to see a Challenge owner coming on board :)

I'm newish still to Mini, a JCW owner now for nearly 4 months, last car of any interest was an Elise many many years ago which I took to Bedford and Abingdon a number of times for a blast! Can't quite understand why I didnt chop my company Audi's and BM's in years ago for one of these things!

Great to hear your going to drive it properly too, but dont forget your JCW will still need the love when the monster arrives :)
Thanks.

Had a 111s you cant help but love an Elise :)

The JCW will still be my daily and the Challenge will have a nice cosy double garage to live in. I plan to own her for many many years.

I am completely satisfied with my JCW 10/10 (Apart from the leaking air con) but i specced the auto and whilst its pretty good i miss having a manual tbh

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like quite the collection! Unfortunately track days are not an option for me as our company Insurance seems to frown on taking cars on the race track (and I can't imagine our fleet manager being too happy when I request new tires every six months) >:D
Thanks for the welcome :)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Had a 111s you cant help but love an Elise :)
I absolutely adored mine, like most toys when your 20 something, they eventually have to make way for a family...... gorgeous metallic racing green, tweaked filters and exhaust. Spent more time polishing it than driving it i think. Checked its number plate out the other day, shes still on the road, MOT'd back in April. I'd have written it off 10 years ago!

Whillst the family have grown up a bit, I still need the 4 seats for the school run. The JCW was as close as I could get in concept.

Really looking forward to seeing how you get on with the Challenge, pics and all.

Reactions: Jonotaff
1 - 6 of 6 Posts