Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was in the showroom today sorting the deposit for my lads Cooper, and we got onto the subject of this new "Challenge" JCW, which is going to be around 260BHP, apparently.

The upgrade kit will be made available to "normal"JCW owners, and will take the form of a separate body kit and engine tune.

If I can get further info I will, but I think I will be at the front of the queue for the engine mod (just a chip I believe).

·
Registered
2015 F56 JCW
509 Posts
That would be great, a factory endorsed engine chip. Just the other day, i put my foot down and it just seemed lifeless which i know its not but you could put so much more power in the engine and still control it easily.

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
......Just the other day, i put my foot down and it just seemed lifeless......
What have you done to your JCW to make it feel lifeless ??? :eek:

Even in "normal" mode there's usually plenty of get up and go.... You weren't using that nasty Green button were you ? >:D

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have fitted my JCW with a TMC motor sport tuning box and the car is now a bit of an animal,there is so much power you have to be aware of it when its damp.
Hopefully going to get it on the rolling road some time this month and see what its got.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Why wouldnt they its extra money?, they offer the JCW retrofit brakes, the carbon cover/bonnet/, Valvetronic exahust and JCW KW suspension upgrades, why would they not do that if they were going too? That article and others I have read doesnt say that it will be a dealer retrofit option just that there is another car coming that matches this original thread which has extras and will be a limited run. They may eventually do this but there is no info that yet.

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The cars are limited to 500 (I think) in the UK only. Rolling out the upgrades to existing JCW owners is typical of Mini, making additional sales from existing customers.

The Sales Manager at my local dealer mentioned it to me, probably as he knew I'd be upset that I have spent a lot of money on a top of the range Mini, that's no longer top of the range...

·
Registered
515 Posts
I've got a I-phone 4
(Apparently it's been upgraded)

Get over yourself jelster

Interesting spec;
Quaife LSD
Nitron adjustable coilovers (height, rebound with adjustable camber plates -2 degrees factory set)
Cup 2 tyres
Team Dynamics Wheels
Mintex brake pads
Final Body Graphics not designed yet.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yes I spent a lot of money on my car as well most of us did, there is always something newer and better round the corner, and the key is "Sales" Manager, he's there to sell, that still doesnt change the fact that nowhere does it say its dealer retofitable but it does say limed run new model. Assumptions dont make facts no matter how much you spin them :) We all drive the same car at the end of the day.

·
Registered
170 Posts
And the point of your post ?

I value my warranty....

The point of my post was just to let you know about another option you could look at rather than spending a fortune on a car that will probably be the same as a JCW with a slight tweak! The Jb4 stage 2 is about £550 so just something to think about, didn't mean any offence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.