Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Is there any diference between the JCW exhaust placed aftermarket in a cooper S (factory one, not the kit) and the one that come with the JCW ? I have heard they have diferente sounds, that is better when installed the copper S , is this true ?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
200 Posts
I thought the exhaust put on the Cooper s was the kit. Unless you mean an exhaust from a Jcw onto the Cooper s. If that's the case I have no idea. Can't imagine why it would sound better of the Cooper than the Jcw though.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I hope to find out tomorrow when my MINI dealer will fit the stock JCW exhaust on my Cooper S. They claim it's no problem to fit it but I receive lots of signals that say it's not possible. We'll see how it sounds but I don't see why it would be better sounding on a Cooper S than on a JCW though.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hi! Is there any diference between the JCW exhaust placed aftermarket in a cooper S (factory one, not the kit) and the one that come with the JCW ? I have heard they have diferente sounds, that is better when installed the copper S , is this true ?

Thanks in advance!
There is discussion on the web/youtube about the JCW "pro kit" exhaust sounding more agressive than the stock JCW exhaust when placed on a cooper S. The JCW "stock factory" exhaust should sound extremely similar on a Cooper S and a JCW.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Of course the JCW pro exhaust sounds more agressive than the JCW stock exhaust on a Cooper S. I assume it also sounds more agressive on a JCW. Isn't that the reason why it's called "pro" and has a track mode?

Or am I missing something?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Of course the JCW pro exhaust sounds more agressive than the JCW stock exhaust on a Cooper S. I assume it also sounds more agressive on a JCW. Isn't that the reason why it's called "pro" and has a track mode?

Or am I missing something?
Yes however the OP is asking whether the stock JCW exhaust sounds better on a Cooper S than on the JCW it was made for...

·
Registered
375 Posts
I find that a bit strange but I'm no expert so who knows. Maybe it's in peoples minds because it should sound better than the stock MCS exhaust. Could have something to do with the fact that on a JCW the turbo delivers higher pressure and turbo engines tend to smother exhaust sounds in general? Natural aspirated engines give the best exhaust sounds and the more turbo pressure is added the more the sounds is reduced by the exhaust? Look at F1 as an example or the difference in sound produced by a natural aspirated Ferrari 458 and the successor 488GTB which is turbocharged. But like said before...I'm not at all an expert on this technical stuff.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Mine was fitted today and it sounds great! For 700€ inluding the chrome tips an fitting at the MINI dealer it sure is an upgrade worth the money. I can recommend it to everybody with a MCS and looking for a deeper more sporty sound.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have a stock jcw exhaust fitted to my cooper s all i can say is it fits perfect sound much better and looks much better then the stock cooper s exhaust.

·
Registered
436 Posts
i have literally just bought one for my Cooper S.

hope to fit tomorrow..

if it doesnt sounds right theres always cutting off the centre silencer

1 - 13 of 13 Posts