Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

what do you think ? Does it fit without rubbing?

- 225/35 r18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport front/rear
- 8x18 ET45 (or maybe 35?) OZ Ultraleggera
- KW V3 / Bilstein PSS9 very low
- Max. Camber front/rear (whats max. camber front and rear for mini JCW F56?)

Thank you very much

·
Registered
608 Posts
My only comment is if you vary away from the standard offset, you WILL screw your wheel bearings quicker than normal, but I guess if you're going to mess with your Camber... you already know that :)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hello,

what do you think ? Does it fit without rubbing?

- 225/35 r18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport front/rear
- 8x18 ET45 (or maybe 35?) OZ Ultraleggera
- KW V3 / Bilstein PSS9 very low
- Max. Camber front/rear (whats max. camber front and rear for mini JCW F56?)

Thank you very much
Very tight. I believe 215 will barely fit. You might need shims and need to remove some of the plastic fender.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Very tight. I believe 215 will barely fit. You might need shims and need to remove some of the plastic fender.
okay thank you very much. Even with 8x18 offset 45 ? Would 225/35 r18 with 7,5x18 offset 50 better or better 215/40 r18 with 8x18 offset 45? What would you go ?

What is max. camber on front rear?

thank you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
http://www.northamericanmotoring.co...270603-official-f56-wheel-fitment-thread.html

Good thread. Most of the discussion is not got JCW F56. If you go JCW just be aware that the front brembos are quite big. On a 17 x 7 rim the spokes bow outward to accommodate the brakes. Note also that the new bolt pattern will limit your options for after markets rims...
thank you. I took a look. I'll go with 215/40 and 7,5x18 oz ultras But the offset is 50. What spacers do i need ? 10mm to get offset 40? Is it enough to clear the big brakes front ? 10 front and 5 rear ?

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
You should review this thread:

http://www.minif56.com/forum/401-ti...rnate-tire-sizes-jcw-18-cup-spoke-wheels.html

I was all for changing wheel & tire combinations "until" I received my car. The stock setup is actually fine.....going to the 235/35/18 tire will likely not fit, but you can try...note that 225/35/18 is not the correct equivalent size. Check on the tire calculator for % error.

I suppose anything is possible, but honestly, the stock 18" cup spoke wheels are fine imo even with the stock 205/40/18 P7's. Now, if I do swap I will likely go up to 215/40's but time will tell.

More importantly, if you change wheels, the JCW may not allow a wheel swap without alot of modifications to the setup...spacer plates, longer studs, fender opening mods, etc. Offset and wheel/tire clearance issues may be tricky.

As time passes, more information will become available from owners like you...so please post updates as to what you find.

As for me, I'm sticking with the stock 18" Cup Spoke 2-Tone Wheels, until I see something better that clears the Brembos on the front!...and that may be awhile, since the market for alternate wheels (like BBS's) is small compared to non-JCW's.

Good Luck,

John

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
That wont fit.

I have 18x8 ET45 and 205/40/18 with no issues - but only just clears to avoid rubbing!
That's good to know...so you are running a wheel with 10mm less offset and 1" larger width. The smaller offset is obviously helping you with clearance. Where did you get an 18"x8" wheel for an F56 JCW that clears the Brembos? :D

·
Registered
185 Posts
That's good to know...so you are running a wheel with 10mm less offset and 1" larger width. The smaller offset is obviously helping you with clearance. Where did you get an 18"x8" wheel for an F56 JCW that clears the Brembos? :D
The OEM rims are 18x7 ET54

My Speedline Marmoras are 18x8 ET45

The difference between the stock rims and my aftermarket set up is:

3.7mm closer to the suspension strut (literally just clears)
21.7mm more poke towards the outer arch (again this just clears once low)

The good news with this set up is that even with the KW coils almost as low as they allow I can still get 4 adults in the car without rubbing and now the plastic inner arch has worn away on the front, I get no rubbing either. (only rubbed when first fitted on full lock entering something like a cambered driveway)

The wheels in question are Speedline Marmoras.

They have a very generous spoke design for big brakes. People I know with 18x8 ET35 wheels have had to use spacers due to spoke design.....

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I have a question about tires and this thread seemed an appropriate one for the question. I am not a runflat fan and have used the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3s on several of my vehicles in the past, however, I am considering the Michelin Pilot Super Sports instead. I do drive year round, but not in inclement weather conditions (snow, sleet, ice). Has anyone left the Super Sports on during cold weather driving? How is the traction in cold weather, but dry conditions?

·
Registered
150 Posts
ive d supersports for the last 3 years, no real problem on snow/ice however they weren't amazing. overall the best all season tyre imo, then goodyear eagle f1 as2 next.

I have a question about tires and this thread seemed an appropriate one for the question. I am not a runflat fan and have used the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3s on several of my vehicles in the past, however, I am considering the Michelin Pilot Super Sports instead. I do drive year round, but not in inclement weather conditions (snow, sleet, ice). Has anyone left the Super Sports on during cold weather driving? How is the traction in cold weather, but dry conditions?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've been inpatient and secured some 18"x8 jcw grip alloys off a new f54 clubman and are now realising that I don't believe these will fit my f56 MCS. They are et57 offset with 225x40 tyres. Anyone help and put me out of my misery?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.