Mini Cooper Forum banner

JCW Hatch LCI2

11K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  Bungleaio 
#1 ·
After what seems like a long wait we finally picked up our new JCW. Will post up some thoughts about the car later, but for now a couple of quick pics taken on the way home.

See less See more
#7 ·
To be honest a bit black and dark. That could be due in part to us coming from a convertible, but there is a lot of piano black inside the car and that combined with the anthracite roof liner makes it a little more monotone than I was expecting.
We did consider a sunroof, but it got ditched when we went red roof.

#8 ·
Talking about the piano black I'm very much OCD when it comes to my cars and no matter how careful I've been I've already noticed some light swirl marks on mine especially when the sun is shinning and don't even get me started on the black exterior plastic bits either. Can I ask what products would you recommend in using to try to get rid of these marks?

#9 ·
Ours needs sorting as they never come from the dealer to my standards🙁
To be honest I have been wondering what to use on the piano black bits, as much as I love the new diffuser it will be a nightmare to keep it looking good. I will let you know if I find anything.

#16 · (Edited)
Well a week in and 280 miles later I have some brief thoughts on the car:

Lets start with the bad:
  1. The digital dash, not entirely sure what the point is, firstly it isn't fully digital and as far as I can tell it doesn't really do anything the old style dials didn't.
  2. Too much piano black, so many finger prints and much dust. Messes with my OCD
  3. The filler cap looks cheap.
  4. Lots of tyre noise on poor surfaces with the 18" wheels and run flats
And the good
  1. Love the way it drives, feels solid and nicely sorted and deceptively quick as well.
  2. The steering wheel, may be a bit on the chunky side, but the nappa leather feels really good and heated too.
  3. The new infotainment display is much nicer than the one in our 19 model Cooper. I am amazed by the resolution on the screen too.
  4. I know it is divisive, but love the new splitter and diffuser
  5. Like any good MINI it is Fun with a capital F.
  6. Trip computer is showing 38.2 mpg.
So overall liking it so far and all good.

#18 ·
Got to be honest there seems to be an absence of pops and bangs so far.
It’s certainly a bit quicker and more refined than the convertible. It seems to change direction better too, l guess that is the added stiffness of the body and sports suspension. I do miss not being able to put the roof down though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.