Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Placed the deposit this morning for a mid-June delivery of my new JCW...

Pepper White / Red Roof
Black 17" Track Spokes
Plain Black inside (might get some red mats!)
Harmon Kardon
Visual Boost
Auto Wipers / Lights
Sports Chrono Dials
Oh, and the Pro Exhaust setup, sounded awesome on the test drive.

Last car I bought was back in '99 - a Lotus Elise.... young family and a good company car scheme soon put a stop to that, so its been diesel eurobox ever since. Finally had the b*lls to opt out, take the allowance instead and become a petrolhead once more.

Cannot wait.... :) :)

Reactions: brandonbardsley

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Congrats! Sounds great, and don't forget the JCW bonnet stripes!

John

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys :)

Toying with the JCW accessories catalogue at the mo.... LED driving lamps on the front, bling or not bling, thats the question. Got a few weeks as dealer fit I think!

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Placed the deposit this morning for a mid-June delivery of my new JCW...

Pepper White / Red Roof
Black 17" Track Spokes
Plain Black inside (might get some red mats!)
Harmon Kardon
Visual Boost
Auto Wipers / Lights
Sports Chrono Dials
Oh, and the Pro Exhaust setup, sounded awesome on the test drive.
Nice car, don't see the chrono pack very often....

Finally had the b*lls to opt out, take the allowance instead and become a petrolhead once more.
Good man, I went away from company cars some years ago and use the allowance to pay for my PCP....

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, recently moved to remote working, so miles right down now. Deal with family was something like.... the allowance after tax is mine, you can have the tax saving for clothes, holiday, soft furnishings.... I have what I want though :)

·
Registered
303 Posts
Welcome to the site and congrats on your JCW order.

I went to Worcester MINI back in Feb when I was looking to order my JCW and they were keen to offer a good deal but Hereford pipped them with a sweeter deal.

I picked mine up yesterday and you won't be disappointed!!!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I went to Worcester MINI back in Feb when I was looking to order my JCW and they were keen to offer a good deal but Hereford pipped them with a sweeter deal.
Yeah I checked out a couple of others and couldnt be arsed to have an argument over about £3 / month in the end. They were very very good, and lent me one for a whole day. Recently drove to Manchester to pick up my wife's 500X with about £7k knocked off it and no deposit. Worth shopping around as with all things, always someone somewhere who's down on their target.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OMG, phone call from dealer today...... your JCW will be with us on Tues 31st May!!!!!!

Was expecting 6 - 8 weeks, not 4 and a bit!!!!!!!

Dealer sounded genuinely surprised (and pleased I bet as it'll be another £25k bagged in Q2). Will take a couple of days to fit the pro exhaust so pick up Sat 4th June.

Sooooo excited.

If anyone wants to buy a stock JCW exhaust - think they are good for making Cooper S's a little bit more pop-bangy, message me!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Just got my wife's and drove back from UK to holland at 120-130 kph and got 42mpg in green mode. Flipped it into mid and sport and couldn't feel much difference in the ride and i've got the adaptive. Same in my X6 though, I only feel throttle response. Brakes feel very sharp. HUD is ace especially in graphic mode when changing motorway junctions.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just got my wife's and drove back from UK to holland at 120-130 kph and got 42mpg in green mode.
Thats not bad, for work it'll be in green mode, for weekends sport with the exhaust in track mode :)

I got similar on a 20 mile motorway stretch at 65 - 70mph and cruise control on the test drive, and more like 45-50mpg on some B roads with a (very) light foot. Good to know with some care I should be able to hit 40mpg which helps when work pay me a per mile rate for business fuel.

Also know it barely does double digits when ragging it island to island around the Worcester ring road >:D

Reactions: Wing Co
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.