Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After looking over many of the Mini configurators from countries outside of the USA, I am very disappointed that BRG is not an option in the US for the JCW. Rebel Green is the only green offered at a $1,000 premium. Why limit the color selections in the US?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Well I am as surprised as you are, I doubt it is just the 'British' who like BRG! Is it all left hand drive countries that don't have this colour (color)? That would cut the number of vehicle permutations considerably for Mini I guess.
Shame I can't really use this fact as a unique selling point with my car saying "well you can only get this colour in the UK" to a potential buyer isn't really going to make them buy is it since they are probably buying it in the UK to drive in the UK!

·
Registered
769 Posts
I don't think green is a color that sells well in NA. Can not remember the last time I have seen a green car on the road you can not even order a BRG Jag F Type here in NA.:(
Walking through the office car park this morning it's a sea of white Hondas or Toyotas, you would think it was a rental car lot.
It probably doesn't make sense to offer more than one green to a market where green makes up a little less than 1% of cars sold. We do have 2 whites though..

Reactions: pjsjr13

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What is strange is that BRG is available for the Cooper and the Cooper S in the US, but Rebel Green is the only shade available for the JCW.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.