Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, first post, I will make a proper intro soon..

I ordered my first ever Mini 8 days ago, a new Cooper S.

Now probably like many people, I really wanted Chilli Red, but as we know that wasn't an option, instead Blazing Red was offered (still a nice colour!)

I was also told that the optional JCW body kit and wheel wouldn't be available until the end of the year, possibly early-2015.

Loe and behold, we roll into September, and a week after placing my order, they add Chilli Red and the JCW exterior parts to the online configurator!

So now I need to phone my dealership in the morning and *hopefully* the'll let me amend my order to have that spec!

Anyone got any experience of changing an order? The delivery date they gave me is 30th September, so we're still a while away..

Also, picture of my ordered spec vs. the spec I want..

Minus the spotlights and graphics..

·
Registered
65 Posts
yes changed mine six or seven times between june and august
as long as your cars status is 1100 'scheduled' then you can change the spec
once it is at 1200 'scheduled for production' then it's spec is locked down.
Ask you dealer what its status is.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi, I was told today that if I wanted the exterior sports pack I would have to have the interior pack aswell, its a shame as I really like the look of the front grill, as I opted for lots of other extras and declined the sports kit.
it will still look amazing without it :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, weirdly the pack is listed as the 'John Cooper Works Interior Pack', although the exterior changes are much more substantial.. It adds stuff like anthracite headlining, JCW steering wheel, rear spoiler.. Things I've already spec'd.

And if I remember right, the black leather seats were half price with this pack added.. I'l' have to build it all up and compare the spec and price to my order, it's confusing :s

@ Mini Pel - thanks for the info, I'll ring them first thing and hopefully they can change mine.

The car is on finance - I assume they'll just adjust those prices?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've ordered a very similar spec (chilli red with the JCW interior and exterior-))- I'm due a November delivery.

To do it we had to fiddle the system... They had to enter a build date in November to get the JCW parts and the colour (I believe this is when the new items start production)

I've changed the order a couple of times to add led lights and a couple of other bits. It is possible. However, if you've gone the finance route - it may take longer as they've got to manually talk to those guys as the details and the specs on the JCW kit are not on their systems

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Neil that helps a lot, I'll update you guys tomorrow when I speak to them - fingers crossed!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All sorted!

Sytner Mini Sutton Coldifeld are absolute legends, in the space of 3 hours, they stopped my first order which was halfway through production, acepted that as a stock car to their showroom, spec'd me a new one everything the same but addition of Chili Red, JCW kit and 18" cup wheels, swapped and adjusted my finance, and apparently kept the 'end of the month' delivery date!

Chuffed :D

·
Super Moderator
7,890 Posts
Yes you should have no trouble changing spec now. Too late for me as I really like it. 2 more sleeps!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For sure! They will look great in this spec, but they all look good to be fair.

I wonder who will have the first Chilli Red / JCW kitted one on the road? The race is on!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts