Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the car last July and due to lockdown and a seriously ill wife i am only on my 4th tank of petrol.
I paid 39k and in an old thread i said the only thing the car does not have is floor lights , well guess what i was wrong.
The first time i went out in the dark i noticed floor lights front and rear , lights on the inside and outside of the door handles.
I seem to discover something new about this car every time i use it lol.
The first time i got a warning on the motorway to reduce speed due to incident i was on a local stretch and i knew the alert was 4 junctions away so if you did not know an area you would have plenty of time to search for an alternative route if required.
The route planner is brilliant i deliberately ignored it to see what happened , well it just recalculates where you are.

I would like to post a few safety warnings .
1. Do not put the lighting display on random colours it will distract you whilst driving.
2. Turn off the gadget that tell you when you are near to something , it goes off when it feels like it. The first time an alarm went off as well i panicked , a van came towards me on the opposite side of the road and their was plenty of room for both of us.
3.If your not tall like me , your seat will be high so the buttons will be hard to see , dont use them as you are driving , the leds would be better at bottom edge instead of top edge.
4. Be very careful using the heated seats , by default they go full power so you have to turn them down very quickly.

You tube reviews.
1. They are always saying the doors are strong enough to knock over a small child as they open ... wrong ! ... i got a pals youngster to test this out.
2. They all focus on the rear door pillar , yes they are thick but i find it makes you check your rear view more often which can only be a good thing .
3. They knock the boor space compared to car xyz , well with the lower floor out i can stand up my wifes wheel chair no problem and thats the reason i chose the clubman version.

·
Super Moderator
7,441 Posts
I'd agree a lovely and much underated car-still love it even though we have moved to the EV-they ought to do an ev Clubby-bigger battery ? Not sure if you are tongue in cheek with the warnings but the seats do get nice and toasty! Not missing them in the EV yet as you can precondition that ie put the heater on before you want it. And the emergency proximity thing-you get used to it-makes you jump first few times especially on bends when of course it is wrong-you can turn down the sensitivity I think! I too loved the barn doors-far better than a hatch whacking you under the chin!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi jeremy , with regards to the heated seats , the problem is this , from your normal driving position you cant see the 3 led's because they are at the top edge and obscured by the huge heating dials , at least i know that the next time i use it i will know they go on top setting straight away. I dont trust myself to look down at any of those small buttons whilst driving.
I am 65 and why my niece saw the car she said ... remind me again uncle how old are you .... old boy racer ?

·
Super Moderator
7,441 Posts
Get you it was the heated rear window light I couldn't t see. That annoyed me but could see the rest.

Reactions: nsm3

·
Registered
720 Posts
I think seat height and driver height determine which LED is hidden, for me it is the front screen demist and passenger heated seat. The fact that any indicators are obscured is probably the only downside of the car and I use the reflection in my nail to see if an LED is on or off where it is hidden.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Nice update review Keith - thank you.
Pleased that you're still enjoying the characterful Clubbie. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I consider 1-4 to be fake news. The car poses no such issues, especially the heated seats. At full power they gradually heat up nicely and are never annoying.

Most likely the issues lie with the person behind the wheel.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,441 Posts
I must admit I found it very hard to be negative about the car in any way and the heated seats are superbly effective. Unlike some cars I've been in.
The emergency collision warning does occasionally go off on corners etc but you soon get used to it and can turn down its sensitivity. Did stop me from having a near one once so its benefits outweighs the occasional over exuberance. Nor did I find the scrolling mood lights distracting but you can set them to one colour of course-Mini have every eventuality covered-as the op shows we're all really different and things that annoy one, please another. That said we have no mood lights or collision warning now in our EV and don't actually miss the tbh!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts