Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My mum who has had a Mini since the first generation has just placed her order for the F56 JCW.

Spec:
JCW - 6pd Manual
Midnight Black (£475 option)
Red Roof & Mirrors
17" JCW Track Wheels in Black (£75 option)
Black Bonet Stripes with Red Edge (£80 option)
Dinamica/cloth combination Carbon Black
Door Ellipse & Downtubes Black Chq
Colour Line - Carbon Black
Rain Sensor with Auto Lights (£90 option)
Visual Boost (£300 option)

Retail Price: £24,070.

My mum was originally going to go for a Cooper SD with Chili, but preferred the look of the JCW. Due to her not wanting to pay more than £200 a month on finance she opted for a Base JCW with the 5 priced options.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
You have a very smart/wise Mum! :)

Gorgeous spec she has there, and she won't be sorry....base (almost base) model JCW is a fantastic bargain for everything you get with that build!

John

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have a very smart/wise Mum! :)

Gorgeous spec she has there, and she won't be sorry....base (almost base) model JCW is a fantastic bargain for everything you get with that build!

John
Yeah, we worked out that a Cooper SD with Chili only gains a few options such as the automatic air conditioning, auto headlights and extended storage over the JCW.. But the JCW gets things such as the LED headlights as standard. So it took some toing and frowing but got there in the end, only took her 3 months to decide!

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Nice car, and she has good taste, but I can't help but think that the Chilli Pack offers so much value, and the residuals are generally better so the payments are not over the top.

Black wheels - good move. I'm seriously considering getting my Cup spokes sprayed all black and losing the diamond cut effect.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Nice car, and she has good taste, but I can't help but think that the Chilli Pack offers so much value, and the residuals are generally better so the payments are not over the top.

Black wheels - good move. I'm seriously considering getting my Cup spokes sprayed all black and losing the diamond cut effect.
Let us know if you end up doing this, considering for mine too.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Jelster.........Black wheels - good move. I'm seriously considering getting my Cup spokes sprayed all black and losing the diamond cut effect.[/QUOTE said:
Don't do it! The one saving grace about the new JCW wheel options are the two-tone cup spoke 18" wheels!

I know it's frustrating not having more wheel choices, but you gotta have 18's on this car imo....give it time & some wheel manufacturers will come out with some more styles in black.

I want a second set of wheels with all season tires and I wont put 17's on my JCW...waiting on BBS, etc. Fikse makes a great wheel but they are about $900 each! Lol!

Just so you know, I had 17" track spokes spec'd for my JCW...they looked great on the configurator, but when I saw them in person, I decided to go for the cup spokes, and I am so glad I did!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Don't do it! The one saving grace about the new JCW wheel options are the two-tone cup spoke 18" wheels!

I know it's frustrating not having more wheel choices, but you gotta have 18's on this car imo....give it time & some wheel manufacturers will come out with some more styles in black.

I want a second set of wheels with all season tires and I wont put 17's on my JCW...waiting on BBS, etc. Fikse makes a great wheel but they are about $900 each! Lol!

Just so you know, I had 17" track spokes spec'd for my JCW...they looked great on the configurator, but when I saw them in person, I decided to go for the cup spokes, and I am so glad I did!

Good spec though i did go for the chilli pack purely for the cup wheels and the jcw seats. But its still another great looking JCW coming soon. Just the waiting thats annoying!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Good spec though i did go for the chilli pack purely for the cup wheels and the jcw seats. But its still another great looking JCW coming soon. Just the waiting thats annoying!
I agree...great spec on this one! The pic looks awesome too!...just remember, the real world track spoke wheels won't look as nice as the computer generated pic! That being said, I must admit that my original order was for silver track spokes.....the black ones will not stand out as being small like the silver color, since the black ties in with the black tires better, so the eyes don't go right to the smaller diameter 17"s.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree...great spec on this one! The pic looks awesome too!...just remember, the real world track spoke wheels won't look as nice as the computer generated pic! That being said, I must admit that my original order was for silver track spokes.....the black ones will not stand out as being small like the silver color, since the black ties in with the black tires better, so the eyes don't go right to the smaller diameter 17"s.
The monthly figures on this with her '09 Cooper S Convertible with 60,000 miles as the deposit is £198.94 with 8,000 miles per year with Mini Finance. She doesn't like the upgraded 18" wheels, she thinks the diamond cut edge and filled in pieces just aren't as nice as full shiny black wheels...

I did try and convince her of the chili pack, however if you actually look what's included the only things you really need you can add as a optional equipment for £400 without the price tag of the chili pack. Adding the chili pack cost, outweighed the overall impact it had on residuals in terms of monthly figures which is what was the main drive in regards to the spec was for my mum.

In terms of delivery he said it could be as little as 3 weeks.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
The way to order in the UK is much different than in the USA, as I understand. Here, we can mix & match pretty much as-desired. As for the black track spokes, she'll be fine...it will look awesome! Love it! :)

John

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
She phoned MINI this morning to add a few extra options which are as follows:
- PDC, rear
- Tinted Glass
- Heated Front Seats
Okay this is what I get for being excited about it and posting too early, my mother has pretty much changed the spec overnight and MINI have locked it in now so there's no going back.

The spec is as follows:
JCW - 6pd Manual
Midnight Black (£475 option)
Red Roof & Mirrors
17" JCW Track Wheels in Black (£75 option)
Black Bonet Stripes with Red Edge (£80 option)
Dinamica/cloth combination Carbon Black
Door Ellipse & Downtubes Black Chq
Colour Line - Glowing Red
Rain Sensor with Auto Lights (£90 option)
Visual Boost (£300 option)
Sun Protection Glass (£220 option)
PDC, rear (£260 option)
Roof Rails (£155 option)
Heated Front Seats (£215 option)

Build week 48 confirmed also. Delivery week 50! I'll be sure to post photos when it arrives. :D Oh and also, it's £500 a year insurance for me as a named driver... and I'm 20. :O

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Love the look! Of course, I'm partial to Midnight Black Metallic with red highlights. We have something in common with those JCW bonnet stripes as well...you don't see many black cars with those stripes, but I think it looks stellar!

The wait begins.....;)

Cheers,

John

Reactions: brandonbardsley

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Love the look! Of course, I'm partial to Midnight Black Metallic with red highlights. We have something in common with those JCW bonnet stripes as well...you don't see many black cars with those stripes, but I think it looks stellar!

The wait begins.....;)

Cheers,

John
Exciting times! Got a call this morning saying the build has been moved forward to Week 46, should have the car by the end of November. :D

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Was looking through the forum and found Ryephile's JCW, thought I'd use my amateur photoshop skills to try and make it look like the car my mum's ordered as she wasn't too sure how the roof rails would look but after seeing this she can't wait.

·
Registered
143 Posts
You have a very kool mum! Bet she can't wait.

I placed my order on 30th and fingers crossed my little beaut is being built next week (16th) ... can't wait! Look forward to seeing pics once you've picked it up :D

I wish they did the race spoke wheels in black ... if they had of done I'd prob have had them. Will be getting the lights surrounds etc sprayed black at some point soon too. Wish that was an option from the factory!

Here's mine ...

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
You have a very kool mum! Bet she can't wait.

I placed my order on 30th and fingers crossed my little beaut is being built next week (16th) ... can't wait! Look forward to seeing pics once you've picked it up :D

I wish they did the race spoke wheels in black ... if they had of done I'd prob have had them. Will be getting the lights surrounds etc sprayed black at some point soon too. Wish that was an option from the factory!

Here's mine ...
Nice one emy like mine just black :)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.