Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just ordered my first ever Mini, I've gone for a manual chili Red JCW with Chilli Pack, Visual boost, HK and heated screen. Its a pretty low spec really but I only do around 4500 miles a year. I'm hoping I don't miss my pretty hi spec BMW M135i too much. Dealer reckons early September Delivery.

Looking forward to reading the forums and hopefully contributing soon.

Dave

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Welcome... another M135 defector!!

Enjoy the JCW when you get it... it's a lot more fun than the M135 :D
I recognise your name from babybmw, I think i almost bought some carbon mirror caps off you a couple of years ago.

I'm hoping for a bit more fun, just hope I've done the right thing going manual after the 8spd auto in the M135i.

Scrap what i said, it wasn't you with the carbon mirror caps

·
Registered
615 Posts
I recognise your name from babybmw, I think i almost bought some carbon mirror caps off you a couple of years ago.

I'm hoping for a bit more fun, just hope I've done the right thing going manual after the 8spd auto in the M135i.
Yes that was probably me... I had Auto M135 and now have a manual Cooper S and it's much more fun to drive thatn the M135 albeit not as fast in a straight line..

I'm sure you will love driving it much more than the M135 :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes that was probably me... I had Auto M135 and now have a manual Cooper S and it's much more fun to drive thatn the M135 albeit not as fast in a straight line..

I'm sure you will love driving it much more than the M135 :D

I'm not too worries about the straight line speed to be honest, I've never felt particularly happy with the handling on the bmw. I do however have the m performance back box on it, how does the standard jcw exhaust compare?

·
Registered
615 Posts
I'm not too worries about the straight line speed to be honest, I've never felt particularly happy with the handling on the bmw. I do however have the m performance back box on it, how does the standard jcw exhaust compare?
I'm not sure about the std. JCW exhaust.. I have the JCW Pro exhaust on mine which sounds great and loud being a straight through system with flap open but it's a different sound to the straight 6 for sure...

The MP exhaust however is a little muted in cabin (due to good sound insulation) but the straight six sonerous exhaust tune will always have a better sound to a 4 pot IMO... but it's still a good 4 pot sound though :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not sure about the std. JCW exhaust.. I have the JCW Pro exhaust on mine which sounds great and loud being a straight through system with flap open but it's a different sound to the straight 6 for sure...

The MP exhaust however is a little muted in cabin (due to good sound insulation) but the straight six sonerous exhaust tune will always have a better sound to a 4 pot IMO... but it's still a good 4 pot sound though :)

The demo I tried had the JCW Pro exhaust on it, might have to get one of those if I'm not happy with the standard exhaust. Another £800 or so lol, mind you i'll be selling the m performance one first.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi folks,

I am a former Babybmw forum member too.
I also swapped my Estoril Blue 8sp auto M135i for a JCW in April.
I went for Chilli Red with stripes & a panoramic sunroof (so it mainly looks black)
Oh - & I went for a manual with the blue-tooth pro-exhaust.

No regrets for me.
The BMW was rather a let down for me - amazing powertrain but no GTI when it came to the chassis.
A bit of a missmatched car I felt.

I love having a manual box again which is a surprise for me.
The exhaust is utterly brilliant - makes the car a joy to play about in.
The car isnt perfect of course - steering feel & outright grip arent brilliant - but I'm reliably informed that a tyre change to premium non-run-flats helps with both of those issues.

I've just registered to be able to post this - so looking forward to chatting to more folk soon.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi folks,

I am a former Babybmw forum member too.
I also swapped my Estoril Blue 8sp auto M135i for a JCW in April.
I went for Chilli Red with stripes & a panoramic sunroof (so it mainly looks black)
Oh - & I went for a manual with the blue-tooth pro-exhaust.

No regrets for me.
The BMW was rather a let down for me - amazing powertrain but no GTI when it came to the chassis.
A bit of a missmatched car I felt.

I love having a manual box again which is a surprise for me.
The exhaust is utterly brilliant - makes the car a joy to play about in.
The car isnt perfect of course - steering feel & outright grip arent brilliant - but I'm reliably informed that a tyre change to premium non-run-flats helps with both of those issues.

I've just registered to be able to post this - so looking forward to chatting to more folk soon.

Ive seen your name on babybmw too, I'm glad your loving the manual, hopefully I've made the right choice. Will people stop saying how good the pro exhaust is though, I'm trying to save some money...

·
Registered
410 Posts
The pro exhaust is brilliant :D

(And yours looks over-specced compared with mine!)
Hi Bigdavep and welcome from another newbie! Like you I'm getting sorely tempted by the pro exhaust, and I happen to know the dealer has one in...

I think your middle ground spec is spot on and about the same as mine, be interesting to see what happens with your stripes, and who wins the build race! (ordered mine last Friday.)

Andy.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Bigdavep and welcome from another newbie! Like you I'm getting sorely tempted by the pro exhaust, and I happen to know the dealer has one in...

I think your middle ground spec is spot on and about the same as mine, be interesting to see what happens with your stripes, and who wins the build race! (ordered mine last Friday.)

Andy.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
I've got the stripes sorted!!! and the race is on :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.