Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still waiting for my jcw to be delivered, and thinking of installing this upgrade..

So, apart from the complete exhaust, does it include ECU update?

What is the official hp increase with this option?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Still waiting for my jcw to be delivered, and thinking of installing this upgrade..

So, apart from the complete exhaust, does it include ECU update?

What is the official hp increase with this option?

Thanks
You can upgrade your ECU with a remap which may compromise your warranty, or you can add a power module (The NM is very popular with forum members.) and it will give you a 30 HP bump. The PRO Exhaust will give you an additional 2 HP bump. Both combined should give you 270 HP + or- at the wheel.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
KYDan tested his on the dyno with the flap open and again with it closed..
IIRC he saw a 9-10hp increase with it open. He has posted the dyno sheets somewhere on here, but you'll probably have to wait until he returns from MOTD before he responds to the post.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you're installing on a JCW it's only an exhaust upgrade.
Oops I miss read at first that you specified it was installing on a JCW my apologies :)

I believe what you say isn't right. If you are installing the JCW exhaust kit (tuning kit) from the dealer on a F55-56 S there is an ECU upgrade. If you are upgrading exhaust on a JCW model it is only the exhaust being changed without an ECU upgrade.

Tuning kit for Cooper S 193hp upgraded to 211hp listed in the description on my MINI official site.

Also I had inquired a few months ago before I traded my F55S in for my F54S that installing the tuning kit included exhaust, tune, badging and a JCW certification. All of which if installed from the dealer does NOT void your warranty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.