Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There was a thread with some dynamometer results posted with the NM Engineering module and the JCW PRO exhaust and/or AWE exhaust results, however, I was unable to locate it on this (F56) forum. Therefore, I added it to this thread. This was his first mini test and we had some difficulty achieving accurate results. I thought is should be in 4th gear for the best results, but it kept upshifting even though it was in manual mode and roller test was activated. Anyway, he charted it for me with two runs the higher horsepower and torque results were with the JCW PRO exhaust open, the lower with the exhaust closed. This is wheel horsepower and torque results. So, as the results indicate with the exhaust open peak horsepower was 269 and torque was 285. With the exhaust closed peak horsepower was 261 and peak torque was 277.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all

I am taking delivery of my wife's jcw this Saturday and have purchased a Jcw pro exhaust from the dealer.

I will be fitting it myself, however they have told me that it needs programming to the car, does anyone know if this is the case or not, as I can't see why it would need to be?

Thanks

Kev

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is a video of the dyno run with the exhaust open. The car is dirty, but it had rained and we did a back roads run on the way there. I sure do love this little beast!

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks vetsvette, that's what I thought.

However have checked with the dealer twice and they are adamant. I will just fit it and see what happens.

Kev
Your dealer is wrong, I just had it installed. He may be trying to justify the labor price. It should add about 8 HP to the wheel HP.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is a link to the pull with the exhaust closed and it is a completely different beastie with it closed. He did accelerate more slowly from the sound of it. He performed 2 pulls with it closed and this is the second one that he did and the one that he graphed with the exhaust open graph.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hellou Guys,
I am ordering the JCW Pro exhaust in a couple of days. I will install it by myself. Can anyone of you be so kind and help me with it? I have actually one big question..... where do i have to attach the cables? comes the exhaust with an installation guide?
I have a JCW from 2016 with 3 doors.
Thank you so much!

·
Registered
8 Posts
i have a further question..... my Dealer starts to confuse me a little..... the jcw Pro Exhaust system is in switzerland forbidden (too loud) so i wanted to order it from germany.
my local dealer gave me a partnumber although he said that according to the mini configuration system there is no other exhaust available for my model.
somehow he came up with this partnumber anyway. and it is according to google the jcw pro exhaust system with the bluetooth remote.
i asked another dealer in germany and the gave me the same answer: for my model, no other exhaust available.

Does anyone of you recognize this problem?

I am thankfull as **** for help!

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I do not really understand your question about your exhaust. There is only one mini JCW PRO exhaust system. However, there are other exhaust systems offered that do not have the blue tooth option to run open or closed, they are open all the time. Remus is a very popular one in the US. There are extensive discussions concerning this topic on the North American Motoring forum. Here is a link.

http://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/jcw-garage-429/

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thank you for your reply!
I am about to order the "original" JCW Pro Exhaust. and this one is with the bluetooth remote.
i want to stick as original as possible because it anyway is illegal what i am doing. so at least it says "JCW" on the exhaust.

@ sootyvrs
i followed your link with this result:

You Have Selected: MINI F56 Mini JCW. Type Code: XM91

if i follow as you suggested i end up with a JCW pro Exhaust.
on this list i find the same partnr. like my dealer gave me:

So it means that it should fit without any problems i understand right?

·
Registered
303 Posts
There is only one PRO exhaust for the JCW so the matching part numbers should indicate it's the correct one.

As for the wires they need to go up into the boot and then behind all the cabin wall and sill trim down to the front footwells, then up under the dash to the appropriate wiring/fuse block.

MINI UK quote for 3 hours installation time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am just a little confused about those partnumbers. the partnumber from my dealer is the same like on of the numbers on the realoem site.
so i guess it should fit.

Did anyone of you do the installation by himself?
is there an installation guide for it? or does a guide come with the exhaust?

I appreciate your help guys! thank you!

·
Registered
609 Posts
I think different regions have a different part number as some markets require an additional silencer on the pipe that connects to the CAT but they both should fit regardless as it's the same fitting to my knowledge.

If you get your installation done my a Mini dealer it will be registered to your VIN number which I assume will help with warranty related issues.

Not sure if the process might be different if you use a third party or DIY to install?

·
Registered
609 Posts
i have a further question..... my Dealer starts to confuse me a little..... the jcw Pro Exhaust system is in switzerland forbidden (too loud) so i wanted to order it from germany.
Just a note to say that the exhaust is forbidden (with valve open) in most if not all regions hence why it's called "Track mode" which can only be used on a private road. In normal mode I assume it's legal :)

I suspect mini covers themselves to say it's the drivers responsibility to only open the valveona private road/track ;)

1 - 20 of 52 Posts