Mini Cooper Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just a note to say that the exhaust is forbidden (with valve open) in most if not all regions hence why it's called "Track mode" which can only be used on a private road. In normal mode I assume it's legal :)

I suspect mini covers themselves to say it's the drivers responsibility to only open the valveona private road/track ;)

Haha =) unfortunately not...... its illegal open and closed..... this is the reason why BMW or lets say, MINI dealers are not even allowed to sell it here.....
you pushed me into another topic, the warranty aspect. as it is an original part, should not be a problem..... but then i would have to get it installed by a dealer.....
hmmm:|

·
Registered
609 Posts
The Pro exhaust in flap closed mode is quiter than the JCW std. exhaust from what I have read.

It really is not that loud when flap is closed only marginally louder than my Cooper S exhaust but I guess if thats your dealers stance on the matter I guess it's not open for discussion in your region.

Yes I was told that my JCW Tuning Kit and JCW Brake kit have been registered to my VIN number which not only for warranty but also resale value... I guess similar to the factory options ordered which are also linked to your VIN number

Perhaps best to check with your Dealer if you DIY install and a fault occurs if warranty will still be honoured or if they have to prove that it was incorrect installation contributed to the fault.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Haha =) unfortunately not...... its illegal open and closed..... this is the reason why BMW or lets say, MINI dealers are not even allowed to sell it here.....
you pushed me into another topic, the warranty aspect. as it is an original part, should not be a problem..... but then i would have to get it installed by a dealer.....
hmmm:|
Excuse me, but do one tour in Germany and have it mounted from them? Always if you confirm that it is technically feasible on your JCW! :D

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
OK, this is not germane for you, but I had mine installed by a BMW Service Center In North Carolina and the cost was $1,870 US dollars. This was in February of 2016. You can calculate the cost in Euros or Pounds for comparison.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Does anyone know if the original JCW Exaust tips can be installed with the JCW Pro Exhaust?
They should fit but you may need to chop a piece of it off as it may catch on the mechanism.
I used my std cooper S tips which one had to have a bit cut out on mine to keep the stealth look

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
But remember that is a tuning kit, not only the exhaust, maybe the dealer can do a remap or something, not really sure tbh!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have checked photos of stock and JCW PRO exhaust and the size difference is obvious. Since JCW PRO is much smaller, I'm now wondering - is there some extended bracket supplied with JCW PRO?

I mean bracket which will hold the side of exhaust backbox since it's smaller then stock. I haven't seen any kind of bracket in product photos so that's why I'm asking how is this solved... Thanks in advance :)

21 - 40 of 52 Posts