Mini Cooper Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for reply. I'm going to install JCW PRO exhaust on my brand new LCI JCW. Hopefully it will be still plug and play even for LCI (since it's discontinued).

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Good luck and let us know how it goes. The sound and fury definitely increase the fun factor! It does make the mouse roar!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah I will let you know once it's done. Hopefully it will go smoothly.

Is there anybody who had a chance to hear JCW PRO exhaust and also stock JCW exhaust from second generation R56 in real life?

I have watched some vides on YT, but it's hard to tell. I currently also own R56 JCW and I like the exhaust sound very much. So I'm curious if the JCW PRO is louder then R56 JCW? Or it's comparable?

·
Registered
469 Posts

Is there anybody who had a chance to hear JCW PRO exhaust and also stock JCW exhaust from second generation R56 in real life?

I have watched some vides on YT, but it's hard to tell. I currently also own R56 JCW and I like the exhaust sound very much. So I'm curious if the JCW PRO is louder then R56 JCW? Or it's comparable?
The sound of the JCW PRO exhaust is very exaggerated since it is practically a free straight tube without silencers.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The sound of the JCW PRO exhaust is very exaggerated since it is practically a free straight tube without silencers.
Yeah I know that one tube is straight and the other is through the silincer. But still, I would love to know how big the difference between R56 JCW and JCW PRO is.

·
Registered
469 Posts
(imho)

R 56 JCW = 7/10 ;)

F 56 JCW = 11/10 >:D

Reactions: KYDan

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I traded my R56 JCW in on the F56 JCW because my wife would not let me keep the R and the F! She was right as after I drove the F, the R would have sat in the toy shed and collected dust! I had the standard exhaust on the R and it was silent compared to the F with the valve open! I do miss the handling of the R occasionally, but then I hit the twisties in the F with all of its sound and fury and the R becomes a pleasant memory that is far surpassed by the F!

·
Registered
55 Posts

Hi.. How did it go? All perfect on LCI model? Plug and play?
Thank you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hellou Guys,
I am ordering the JCW Pro exhaust in a couple of days. I will install it by myself. Can anyone of you be so kind and help me with it? I have actually one big question..... where do i have to attach the cables? comes the exhaust with an installation guide?
I have a JCW from 2016 with 3 doors.
Thank you so much!

·
Registered
346 Posts
There’s a thread over on the NAM forum with a walkthrough and pics:

41 - 52 of 52 Posts