Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just about to take delivery of a 2017 JCW with the pro exhaust fitted (which I haven’t test driven). Clearly I love the sound but my wife isn’t so keen…with the flap closed in green mode is it much quieter with no pops etc or much the same? Car is an auto if that makes any difference. Thanks

·
Registered
209 Posts
It's much quieter with the flap closed, but the sound is... different from the regular exhaust.
It's an apples and oranges thing, but i did not like the "flap closed" sound. It's awesome when open though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Clearly I love the sound but my wife isn’t so keen…with the flap closed in green mode is it much quieter
cake and eat it situation. in anything but sport mode the exhaust is quiet enough. flap open or closed. popcorn show really only in sprt with the flap open and engine warmed up.
if anything flap closed in mid is quieter than regular jcw exhaust. tinnier

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's much quieter with the flap closed, but the sound is... different from the regular exhaust.
It's an apples and oranges thing, but i did not like the "flap closed" sound. It's awesome when open though.
Thanks for that and I love the sound from it when open. Just want to make sure there is a more quiet version for when my wife drives the kids to school, haha. Does the drive modes make a difference to noise level?
cake and eat it situation. in anything but sport mode the exhaust is quiet enough. flap open or closed. popcorn show really only in sprt with the flap open and engine warmed up.
if anything flap closed in mid is quieter than regular jcw exhaust. tinnier
Thanks. Sounds ideal so will keep you posted on what she makes of it 🤣

1 - 4 of 4 Posts